How often do your parent/in laws see LO

joj

Reaction score
Just wandering how often LO see their grandparents, Jessie sees my in laws once a week for a couple of hours and my parents once every 4-6 weeks for a weekend but they're moving closer soon so will prob be once a week also. My in-laws moan that they don't get to see her often enough but I think that's plenty. Also we asked them to babysit for a night in November because we are taking my parents out for my Mums 50th and they said no because it's a Saturday and they like to go out on a Saturday night :roll:

Once in a blue moon, and only when we go to them. They NEVER come to us. OH's mum has popped round about 4 times since Angel was born. My parents and OH's dad we have to go to. My mum lives in Norwich which is about 86miles from me so it's not easy on her. When she's down then i'll go see her. My dad is about 4 miles away, as is OH's dad.
To be honest, doesn't bother me too much. Just when they complain asking when we're going round it annoys me!

My mum looks after Austin on a Monday & Friday & I usually see her on a Tuesday too. OH's mum looks after him on a Wednesday and takes him swimming on a Saturday (I teach the class otherwise I'd take him myself!). We go round to the in-laws for Sunday lunch maybe once a month too.

So they see a fair bit of him, but if I didn't have to work part time it probably wouldn't be quite as much.

I don't think your in-laws have grounds to complain they don't see your daughter enough, when I was growing up I saw my grandparents maybe 3 times a year because they all lived miles away.

both my parents have passed away but my inlaws are alive n kicking.they live 5 minute drive away and come to our house erm twice since caden was born.we have been to theirs about 6 times and i think theyve held caden once and never fed/changed/cuddled/dressed/ him.they have DD a weekend a month from saturday to sunday.

my mum has alice every day while im at work, and she sees my dad just before he leaves in the morning.

But then we tend to pop around one night over the weekend or during the week for dinner.

OH's dad - once a month, but its slightly more complicated (he was in a nasty car accident years ago - i won't go into details). OH's mum - at least once a fortnight - if not once a week. We are planning to go there more often for a few months as her youngest has just gone to uni this weekend - today infact. I think OH is a bit worried he will miss him (he still has a brother who lives at home) so he wants to keep her busy with alice. But in terms of times when she has alice on her own, she hasn't for ages when we needed a baby sitter when i had a hospital appointment. my mum is closer so she always has her.

I want her to start staying at my mums overnight. apart from times when i have been in hospital she has spent all her nights with me. I feel guilty cause she still wakes though.

they each generally see her twice a week, whilst ive got time off

my kids see both sets of grandparents every day

Cooper only sees my side of the family and thats probably twice a week :)

She sees my mum several times a week as she lives nearby. Parents in law not so often as they live in Holland - will probably be every 3 months.

OH's immediate family all live in Australia so only rarely.

My parents live about 90 minutes away and usually pop up once or twice a week. We don't go to them atm but thats fine with them and us :)

Every 2-3 days normally :) we're close to my parents and OH's parents so we see them often :D x

OH's Mum sees Isaac, and now Ophelia, at least once a week.
My Dad sees them about once every few weeks.
My Mum's never seen either of them.

My Mum and Dad have Charlie most Thursday nights as she isnt at Pre-School the next day.
. Tom and I usually go to My Mum and Dads to pick Charlie up on the Friday and stay til Saturday evening as my DH works away 2 weeks at a time. So actually its more than one a week isnt it :D
When my parents were on holiday they really missed the kids and called every other day to find out how they were, bless!
My DH Mum has only seen Tom twice, she is about 2 hrs away

My mum sees her nearly every day as we live 5 mins walk away. My Dad and OH's parents see her every few months as they live 2-3 hours away.

My mum looks after Stanley twice a week and we probably see them another time on top of that.

OH's family are in Scouseland and visit once a month :)

MIL babysits Rudy every Mon and Tue when I'm in college and then I usually see her at least once more during the week, she lets me learn to drive in her car, she must be brave! She is great and we get on pretty well and is a massive help, in fact she had LO last night so me and OH could hav our first night out together since he was born :D

Unfortunatley both my parents live back in Wales so I only get to see them once every 2 months or so. If I did live near them I'd see my mother all the time, prob times a week and my dad at least oncea week, I wished I lived closer to my family :(

My mam = 2 or 3 times a week (soon to be a definite 3 times a week though as she will be watching the kids when I go back to uni next week)

My MIL = varies from twice a week, to once a fortnight

My dad = about once a month

My parents died when I was young. Seren and Cally see OH's mum and step dad a couple of times a week and his dad once a week (sometimes more). Seren will stop a night at her nanny's once every 2 months and MIL has offered to have Cally for a few hours once a week so me and Seren can have some time together.I love it as I think grandparents are important esp as they only have one set.

I see my Dad once a fortnight really, and it is only when we go over there.... I have lived in my house for 6.5 yrs and I think he has stepped in it a total of 5 times. If my Mum were still here there we would probably go over there at least twice a week.

As for Brian's folks, they live in the states so just whenever we go there or they come home... we usually see them at least twice a year and for 3wks (at least) per trip.

I see my sister and Brian's sister at least once a week tho. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back