How much...?

Maria1977

Reaction score
Sorry for asking, as this has probably been asked a million times before... but how much RLT do you have to drink for it to have any kind of effect on your uterus? I really hate the stuff, but force it down lol Not sure if the capsules would be better?

What is it for and should I be having it??? 35 weeks and 4 xxx

What is it for and should I be having it??? 35 weeks and 4 xxx

It's supposed to be good for helping the uterus to contract. It's good for after birth also to help the uterus contract back down, but am going to BF and that's way better at the job!

But to get going for labour, raspberry leaf tea is supposed to be helpful in jump starting the uterus!

Just not sure if I would need to drink like 100 cups a day or just a couple?

Edit... meant to say, think it's advised to start around 36 weeks? But not 100% on that!

Last edited:
I am on the capsules as I can't stand any kind of tea! The capsules still have a sort of after taste though!
I am taking 1 per day which I will increase to 2 per day next week. On the bottle it says 1 or 2 per day.

Belle, as far as I'm aware, it's used to strengthen the uterus to help it contract during established labour! xx

RLT softens the cervix to help it open as well as making the uterus a bit stronger ready for contractions.

I personally love the stuff!! I know I'm weird!

Oh and I drink 3 cups a day at the moment :)
xxx

Last edited:
I drank shed loads last time not sure if it helped or
Not as I have no comparison but I am doing it again! I take 3tablets a day and drink 1 or 2 cups of the tea but next week I will up the tablets until gradually I'm taking 6 a day! My bottle says between 3-6 a day?

I know in the week before my labour I was taking 6 tablets a day and drinking 4 cups of the tea :)

It can't hurt!

I've bought some tablets and my bottle says 2 a day, but I'll start with one a day and up it to two or more later on. I've never tried the tea - I'd rather just pop a pill with a meal. x

My mw told me to have 3 cups a day and increase to 5, also have not curries as having diarrhoea can stimulate your uterus to contract! Nice! Xx

I actually like the tea but they do say the taste isn't for everyone :) I think it depends on the pregnancy taste buds or I am just weird :)

I find it quite refreshing if I want a hot drink but not an actual cup of tea :) xxxx

My mw told me to have 3 cups a day and increase to 5, also have not curries as having diarrhoea can stimulate your uterus to contract! Nice! Xx

:sick: @ all of that lol xx

Is it that bad? I've not started drinking it yet- oh had ticket for the cup final on Saturday so wouldn't let me till that was over :) xx

Yeah I hate it, I guess it's not that bad just not my thing. Hate fruity teas, anything other than normal tea is gross to me lol And curries too, went off them when pregnant with my son, really went off them and still can't eat them. The smell makes me heave. OH loves them and is not happy with this development lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back