How much reduced movement before u worry?

Kelly450

Reaction score
My mw never really spoke much about how much reduced movement should ve a concern. Im seeing her tomoro so I shall ask if I remember.

To be honest, he still doesnt kick very hard but moves each morning, mid day and dinner time and sometimes bed time. Enough to see and feel.

Since yesterday morning, ive felt him, but not half as much.. and I didnt think to be concerned.
So when would u worry about less movement? Xx
Sent from my GT-I9300

I can go days with very very little movement, but then its often when he's in an odd position. Now he's moved I'm feeling him loads more, so I guess what I'm saying is it will depend on baby's position!

Xx

Last time I said that.. I felt like I was wrong and judged that I wasnt concerned about him :(.

But I know his position has changed and he is directly in the middle of my belly now. He is moving.. but just not as much.

Also last time I had such a growth spurt (which is why I thought he wasn't moving much) that I gained 6 stretchmarks out of it! And then became active as usual x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Agree with spinsugar. Some days she's really quiet and others a lot more active I think it depends on position. I've defiantly noticed a big difference this last week where I'm starting to feel a lot more. Before that it was just like you say, certain times of day and I also don't really get kicks, just like movements.

They say as long as you feel something every few hours but tbh I think it all comes down to mothers instinct. Like I say I have really quiet days and although I now feel things quite regularly throughout the day, last week I had a few days where I only felt her once or twice but I knew she was ok. Supposedly they go quiet when going through a growth spurt so I normally put it down to that. Obviously though if your truly worried its always best to get checked out just in case xx

My lo can have quiter days but aslong as i feel some movement (usually at same times of day like bed time) im not overly worried. Do u find bubs moves at all after something cold or sweet? If its had a growth spurt maybe the wee one could be sleeping it off aswell. Although i do have a question, are yous able to tell what position your baby is in at this stage? I cant tell at all which is worrying me slightly :( apparently my placenta is at the front but at top, maybe thats affecting it x

Yeh I agree with it being your own instincts. I am sure he is ok. So I just accept that he is a bit quieter as I still slightly feel him during the day.

As for knowing his position.. no.
I know where abouts he is lying almost cause its always heavy where he is. But I wouldnt know exactly where he is at all and where his head is etc. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I spoke to midwife who has said aslong as im feeling him move at his routine times then its not so much worry. But if he isnt even wriggly then.. thats when its more a worry n to call up. I knew he was ok. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Glad you feel better :) it's such a worry before they even get here! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back