• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much paid maternity leave am I entitled to?

ladyminklett

Reaction score
My Baby is due on the 3rd of may and I'm starting my maternity leave on the 13th April.
some one has just told me that i am entitled to 9 months paid maternity is this the case?
I thought it was only 6 months as that is what I advised my employer (he's playing the 'I know nothing card') if this is the case any idea of how much a week it is 'cause it would be great to have longer off if I could.
Thanks

Yes you are entitled to 9 months paid leave and a total of 12 months off altogether.

Check out DirectGov for the specifics. Don't let your employer get away with the knowing nothing thing, you could end up losing out!

Thanks for that, he's a monkey! He claims not to know anything but I don't think he's as green as he's making out.

I've just had a look at direct.gov but i couldn't see where it says 9 months?
Sorry if my baby brain is letting me down

It's in weeks that's why - 39 weeks is 9 months :D

SMP is 6 weeks 90% of full pay and 33 weeks of SMP which I *think* is about £118 pw

I think SMP goes up to £123 a week in April.
And as the others have said, it is now 39 weeks paid maternity leave with an option to take an additional 13 unpaid weeks leave. Your employer can claim almost all of this money back from the government - over 90% of it - so there's no financial reason for them to make it difficult for you. Sorry this is happening!

Some websites still say that you only get 26 weeks paid and that will be because they haven't been updated for a few years - the law changed from 5th April 2007.

[FONT=&quot]Hello! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Don’t forget that dads can also request flexible working, paternity and parental leave, which could help you with child care. You can find more info about how to go about this at the Directgov Dad's at work website. Hope that helps and good luck![/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back