• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much on adverage do you think you girls have spent on baby needs?

lrb

Reaction score
I just wondered if you have a rough idea on money and costs of things, where paying for our wedding next year too so was curious in what was needed for the essentials. Thanks :)

Last edited:
We havent started buying yet but have worked out costs of all the start up stuff and we recon that we will need 3.5k. Mind you that is with top of the range stuff so could do it cheaper. Also remember that you will get given lots as hand me downs and presents so you will only have to buy the boring stuff yourself!!
xxx

a think a have budegeted this time round from last time
pram 300
carseat 115
sterlisser 10
bottles 20
bath 10
chaqnging mat 10
changing station 77.99
blankets have 7 about 50 pound
vests babygrows clothes cardigans shoes jacket about 200 plus
nappies wipes all toiletries about 40 to 50 pound
pram set cover 60 pound
towels 12 pound
and still pc up few bits and spent some cash buyng meself bigger clothes and new pjs nighties pants all that stuff for hospital new bag and that x
moses basket 75
bouncy chair 35
swing 70

Last edited:
Wow, 3.5k I wish, well I'm getting married next year too so will b bait strap for cash, bfp took me by sup prise so now we have paid all deposits on wedding it's gonna b hard to buy the essentials me thinks! X

Hiya,

Me & my OH have just about got all of the essentials, we have just bought a new house that will be ready to move iMAnto at the end of Oct, so like you, we have made sure we have stuck to a buget! I haven't added it all up but here goes:

Cot - £70 Ikea

Shelving unit 24 Ikea

Matress - £34 reduced from £64 Kiddicare

Travel system (my mum and dad have bought for us) But was only £249 from Kiddicar

Moses Basket (OH's mum has given us her one) But the one I was looking at was around £35

I'm yet to get bottles & Steriliser but I know the Dr Brown ones that I'm after are £40 from Kiddicare

Clothes wise, everytime we go to asda/tesco we grab a packet of baby grows. sleep suits and vests.. The same with nappies! That way it doesn't seem too add up as much :)

As the girls said above, clothes will be bought for you too after LO arrives..

Changing mat was £4.99 from B&M! It's a Winnie the Pooh one too! Well worth a look in there, and home bargins if you have one local!

Bedding is being bought for us by OH's sis.. again, the one I like is around £60 but thats for the bumper, 2x fitted sheets & quilt.

A few blankets that we do have we've managed to pick up in the Asda & Tesco baby events..

Hope this helps a little... I know how hard it is if you are saving for something big like a wedding or a house!

xx

Rem, not sure how much we have spent on everything

Furniture was £1100 that was cot, wardrobe, changing unit, toy box, shelf unit and rocking chair

Pram and car seat was about £600

The nursery stuff I think all came in at about £400 but lots of that has been gifts rather than us buying it all

No idea what we have spent on clothes, I've been buying bits as I see it, some on sale some just cus it's cute lol but you can set this budget yourself just will determine where you end up buying from :)

Er our swing chair/bouncer was £60, play nest £20, we have bought nappies and wipes with our shopping each week to get a bit of stock in the cupboard lol

Cant think of much else

I think generally you can do it on any kind of budget, you just have to pick where you will buy from, and shop around for bargains and things :) and try not to be tempted by all the cute unnecessary bits lol

Can I ask y dr browns?? Im not sure which ones are best? X

Thank u for your lists, it's helping lots, I also have a house to pay for lol our house us a building site so still doing that up:/ all happening at once!! Xx

I have spent way too much

Nursery furniture - £1200
Soft furnishings - £300
Travel system Inc car sear - £900
Clothes - £200
Play mat / bouncer / toys - £100
Bottles / steriliser / breast pump-£90
Plus lots of other little bits

Too much really, but couldn't help myself :)

There is always gonna be a wide range of money being spent by different people, some people may have been bought things, or given things, or already have them from previous children. It depends if you need a full nursery, including drawers/wardrobes ect, or just everything else.

I'd say around 3k would be about average, I think I was about 4 with my first. But there is always cheaper options, there is no way you'd have to spend all of that, especially if your saving for other things. My MIL is a social worker and one of her jobs is to source baby things for her clients, she told me she got everything for 1 girl and it only cost £100. It might not be ideal things, but you get the idea...there's no need to spend thousands.

:)

Can I ask y dr browns?? Im not sure which ones are best? X

To be honest, I'm not too sure myself lol! I know a lot of brands now advertise 'anti colic' bottles, or ones that can help reduce the chances of it.. but in my opinion I've heard that they are a little bit more pricey but well worth it in the long run.. Quite a lot of my friends use them and swear by them and the Drs that I work with also recommend them too.. I suppose you just have to find out what works best for you and LO, so I'm gunna give these a try 1st :)

xx

We worked out about £1000 for everything bar furniture, cot and buggy (but out Moses baskets part of the buggy) but it's our first do could be underestimating!

I think about 1000 will be what i've spent too.
Pram + baby car seat - 300
Bottles, steriliser, breatpump - £150
moses basket - 70
mattresses - £150
clothes - £100
still need to get bedding sorted properly and a baby bouncer, play gym thing and of course thousands of nappies :p

I've gotten nearly everything on ebay... the only thing I bought new was a steraliser which was half price in mothercare for £60.

Got my moses basket for £20 on ebay which came with a stand and a set of sheets.
The cot I am using is actually an old family cot which OH and I are stripping down and repainting etc.
Bought a bagload of 40 baby clothes for £10 and another bag of 19 items for £5... lots of the stuff in it was new with tags on.

Ebay is my friend at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back