how much longer?????????

shamu

Reaction score
oh for goodness sakes!!!!

9 months is just a stupidly daft lenghth of time to be pregnant for! its taking for ever!

i've 6 weeks left to go before my due date, and four of those im still in work for- aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh!!! soooo fed up! its getting really hard to pretend im even remotely interested in work any more! hehehehe
everyone who asks how long i have to go is like "oooh it'll fly over" - well whenever it wants to start flying it can do!!!

really really bored too - feels like limbo! - waiting for pay day so can go buy the rest of my hossie bag things, waiting for boyf to get his thumb out an finish baby nursery so can "nest" waiting for my final day in work waiting waiting waiting! aaaggghhh!

this has only really hit me in the last week or so, up until then i was really enjoying my pregnancy - now, i just want to get to the end of it and have my lil baby in my arms and finaaly find out if its a boy or a girl ( the suspense is getting to me now - maybe i shud have found out after all!)
anyone else reaching the end and feeling the same?

in my next life, im coming back as a hamster! - they reproduce in like a week right? lol :lol: hehehe

shamu x

Shamu, you have me in stitches here and that is pretty good seeing as I am practically bedridden and have had the complete arse for the last week and a half!

Know exactly what you mean though. I was going to go on maternity leave on 10th Feb but ended up changing it to 3rd Feb due to being anemic and not sleeping - anyway as you know, fell down the stairs on Friday 13th Jan :shock: - so Docs have signed me off for 3 weeks which brings me up to maternity leave - but...................................its still a bloody nightmare cos I cant do anything cos I cant even sit on my bum, I cant bend down, drive - all I can do is sit and lie on my sides which are getting very sore.

I'm getting very impatient and have loads of baby stuff which all needs washing and sorting out - I have bin bags full of stuff which I just cant get on with. Baby is 'rummaging' around in there loads as well - especially at bedtime - so Im uncomfortable all night as well as going for wee every 5 seconds. (I'm on first-name terms with my loo at the moment!) :lol: :lol: :lol: You wouldnt beleive it but we are gettin through almost one loo roll per day and theres only me and D/H here!

So I know how you feel - as for work cant you finish a week sooner - to perhaps break up the time a bit and give yourself some nesting time!?

Roll on March!!!!

L x

Shamu, Your post really made me laugh! Its also so nice to hear that others are feeling and thinking the same as you. Thankfully it is my last day at work tomorrow, so at least thats a good point.

It is definately a waiting game though, weve get everything ready and are just waiting for the baby now.

Lisa, you poor poor thing sounds awful what you are going through. Hope you start feeling better soon.

hehehe first name terms with your loo - i cud say the same, except it would be my shower! inccesant itching is driving me mad ( got all kinds of creams and stuff from dr's but not much good) so have taken to showering -ooooh about 5 times a day!! really starting to worry boyf as one of these showers is usually araound 3-4 am!!!! :shock: - what im not scratching off, im washing away!

cant really do much about work - i'm on flexi hours - which was a bonus - except now, when i only have 4 weeks to go and owe then 22 hours!!! aaaggghh! ( dont wana go back to work part time and end up working loads of extra hours to make up my time then!) flexi was really useful early on in my pregnancy - i cud go home early if i was feeling sick or tired! - now its just a bind, cos am forcing myself to stay at my desk to make up time!! heheheheh - getting better at looking busy with out doing much now tho!

yet another lady left our work today to go on mat leave ( thats 7 since i found out i was pregnant!!) - ohmigod! just had a thought - what if they realiase they're too short staffed and i cant go off and have to deliver at my desk (on my lunch break!)!!!! :lol: hehehehehehehe - yes i am mad!

lisa, hope your feeling better and not in too much pain now
mrsG - am jealous you have everything ready!! - boyf is STILL doing the nursery! - baby will be a teenager and want to paint the room black by the time boyf finally finishes!!

not much longer fo us now, mrs g when are you due? - i wonder who will go first?

shamu

shamu said:
baby will be a teenager and want to paint the room black by the time boyf finally finishes!! shamu

ILMAO!!! :lol: - Shamu - your a scream you are!!!!

Ive been having 'Nursery Stress' today :roll: - When we were decorating it a few months back we ended up spiling quite a large amount of emulsion on the carpet. Managed to get a lot of it up but theres still some there and it has gone all hard - now I'm stressing in case the paint has mixed with the carpet fibres and is / will create fumes which could be a danger to the baby when she eventually sleeps in there. For some reason today I cant stop thinking about it. Told D/H and he saids it was unleaded paint and emulsion so it is water-based and will be fine - but me, with the old hormones ranging is convinced it wont be safe :?

I dont know, i go from one worry to the next !!!!!! Your posts make me smile though!

One thing that will make you laugh though is that I had to get d/h to trim 'down there' for me tonight after I'd had a bath :oops: - belly so big now that I just cant see anything :lol: :lol: :lol: - he wasnt best pleased - I told him to think his self lucky as he will be doing my toenails next week!!!!!

Hope your nursery is done soon!!!!

L x

LOL to u all! Well although i gave up work in nov im still at college (im a mature student!) and the sitting in one position is doing nothing for me....im at physio every week, but im determined to stay there as long as poss. Im due on the 1st march but hoping he comes a couple of weeks early......around the feb full moon and in my half term! As for my laydee bits and the trimming situation.....i dont want my oh getting that close....they feel so fat! I have imiges of it looking like ive been beaten with a baseball bat! So a few weeks ago i tried to "sort" it myself.....could not see anything so i probably had a mix of bald spots and tufts!

oh no!!! will have to add that to my to do list - i hadnt even thought of trimmageing ! heheheheh - whats that saying? "what the eye cant see the heart dont grieve for"

oh good lordy! i can just picture boyf's face - "er hunny, when youve got a minute between painting, hanging doors and plastering - do you think you could help me out with this?" hehehehehe

Im due on 4th March! but everone seems to think I will be late, so who knows. (id love to know how they all know that :))

I thought i was completely organised but had forgetten about my lady bits! as you say you dont see them so you dont think about them. I will ask DH to trim them for me but I know he will squirm like ive asked him to pick up dog poo or something! oh well if he wont do it I'll have to see if I can give it ago and go with the tufts and bold bits like Faybalina!!

Mrs G - Its wierd isnt it how people say what they think will happen. My Mum and D/H all think I will give birth quite early - why - I dont know - wish they were right though - time seems to be dragging at the minute. I know I was two weeks early so I think that is why my mum thinks my baby will be. Mind you D/H was two weeks late so it will probably happen like that! - :roll: Hope not!

And girlies - As for the hair trimming I had to get D/H to do it because before pregancy I sported the brazillian ILMAO !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D and so after 6 months+ the re-growth was too much to handle and I like to have a bit of air circulating round there!!!!! TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

L x

hey ladies! :)
i know this isn't my section but was having a snoop around and you all made me laugh! well done because am trying to write a flippin essay and its just not happening... it is due in..last week :lol:

anyway i am getting so impatient to get baby out i feel as if it's going to last til march, so thats my excuse

good luck to those who are still working, sitting at a desk is really no fun (am there right now and if wasnt pg would throw desk, chair and the lot out the window :twisted: )
and lisa i hope you are better after that fall..

as for 'dehairing bits' i did what some of you did by trying it on my own without seeing, and did end up with tufts!! (not pretty sight) and then ended up having to go for a smear and i realised that the mw see hair all the time, and thats maybe less embarassing than having to reveal the 2006 'horror work of art' which i exposed. havent bothered since

anyway hang on in there. and as everyone who isnt pg says 'not long now'!!!! (it will be true when babies have arrived)
pip xx

Eh up Pips

Hows the essay coming on? I'm still up due to the not sleeping. D/H has been on the settee all last week and I told him he could go back in our bed tonight so Im hoping that I will be able to cope with that (reason being cos of my back and loo trips!) I must admit I miss him when he's not there - but I also get all hot and bothered when he is too. We shall have to see how it goes.

Ooooooo you dont have long now!!! lol - do you wonder if you will be early though - as they do say it could be two weeks either side - I'm looking foward to being 38 weeks. Mind you, I bet when you get to it, it still feels an age away.

Anyway good luck with the essay - whats it about?

L x

lol this forum is so distracting as well! when you have other things to do its so easy just to log on and read for ages :lol:

my essay has to be written in German, which is why it is annoying, and its a comment on a book we read. right now i don't know why i am bothering!!!

you brave thing sleeping with your man! at 38 weeks that sounds like hell to me as i occupy the whole bed hehe. as long as you are comfy...

and i do hope the baby is early!!!!! i was but then i don't believe that means anything. i'm just hoping that my second EDD is the right one, because that was for the 2nd feb..
i see quite a few mums have been induced over the past couple of months, that sounds dreadful :shock:

hope you get to sleep eventually xx

I admire you for even being able to study - I know I couldnt be doing with all that!!!!

Well sharing the bed last night was a disaster - I actually went down to sleep on the settee and it was loads better - but then I kept thinking I could hear people breaking in!!! stupid idiot!! :? - so I got scared and ended up going back upstairs. Will try again tonight - I found being on the settee meant I didnt have much choice about moving around which actually made my back feel better.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back