When have people started telling family, friends and work??

bulb

Reaction score
I told 3 or my girlfriends on Saturday who were really e xcited for me as Im the first one to have a LO.

My mum & dad and the inlaws have known since we found out and the brothers and sisters we told when I was about 8weeks.

I told the owners of where I work on Sunday, she was really excited for me, just waiting to see what she comes up with for Maternity Leave etc!!

When everyone tell THE WORLD??!

:) Sounds like they were pleased for you :) Its great when you can share with the girls :lol:

We didn't tell anyone outside of parents and my boss till I was past 12 weeks. We've still not told lots of people, just not really gotten round to it and I'm not one for phoning someone to tell them the news, unless I am close to them.

Re your maternity leave, you get to have a say as to when you start it, how long etc :p Of course if they offer a better package than the Gov one its good, but I think they still need to follow time periods etc. You can't really do much about it now anyways as you need your Mat 1B form etc. Nice to think about it and see what your boss says though.

Good luck :)

The only people we have told so far are the people on this forum. Not intending on telling family until after the first scan but I have two friends that I would really like to tell - I may leave that for a couple of weeks first though. I was thinking of telling my boss at work just before my midwife appointment which I assume will be around 8 weeks or so?

I'd love to tell the world but I want to see my LO first to make sure everything is ok :)

i am 10 weeks and still no one other then OH knows that i am pregnant. i am so nervous about telling people, i am very like " awwww if i tell people, something is gonna happen".....Supersticious... is that the word!

i am the youngest of 3 sisters,,, and am very much a daddys girl, (lol) i am scared about telling him, even though he told me mum if me and OH did have baby he would be over the moon. just a scary thought telling him... i cant seem to pluck up the courage to.... any words of wisdom?????? i just cant seem to do it! :(

I have told close family, I couldn't keep it in I was so excited :D

I am planning on telling my boss on Monday as I have my first mw appt on 16th Jan and need to take an hour and half out of work to attend it. I am going to ask her to keep it to herself until after my scan - then I will announce it to the world :D

Xxx

My mum was with me when i found out.. ive told my dad and my brother and my 2 best friends. they both screamed down the phone.
My mums also told her best friend but thats cause shes excited about being a nanny.

my now partner was the first person i told after i found out...we werent together then though.
Then i told a friend at work, then i told my brother and SIL...my parents were on holiday at the time...i told my mum the sunday they came home...she went and told my dad...but lost the baby on the monday

We've told parents and close family, as well as close friends - all by around 8 weeks. If anything did go wrong I'd want the support of those people anyway.

I'll have to tell my boss next week as he wants me to go abroad and will tell the rest of the world after my 12 week scan! x

Was so excited, told everyone, but know worry myself sick that i have told ppl too early. I think its my hormones and wont really be happy til i see the little one on the screen

I told my family from early on but didn't tell anyone else till recently and thats inly cos I have to tell my work

there are some friends I don't see as much who still don't know

Starting_over_2008 said:
Was so excited, told everyone, but know worry myself sick that i have told ppl too early. I think its my hormones and wont really be happy til i see the little one on the screen

I feel exactly the same, I told everyone straight away... Bad move?! Who knows...

:think:

x

Ive done the same and told everyone, because of my MC i really wanted to keep it quiet but i couldn't hide it from my mum, she has the power to even know before i did....lol

Anyway there wasn't any point in keeping quiet until 12 weeks, i already have a bump and people are sayiong congrats anyway without me even telling them..... some things are not ment to be kept quiet xxx

mandspice said:
We've told parents and close family, as well as close friends - all by around 8 weeks. If anything did go wrong I'd want the support of those people anyway.

I'll have to tell my boss next week as he wants me to go abroad and will tell the rest of the world after my 12 week scan! x

I completely agree. If anything does go wrong, the people I have told will be supportive because they've known the situation...

...Anyway, I was so excited - why shouldn't I tell the world!? If all goes well I'm going to have a little bundle of joy to celebrate :D

My family and best mate know but thats it, obviously the OH :lol:

I'm waiting til 12 weeks (which is gonna kill me! I wanna tell everyone!!!!!!!)
so as not to jynx it lol

With Isaac we waited until 12wks, this time we've told everyone straight away :D

I think ill tell close family after we have had a good scan result ie after 12 weeks or so.

If i had it my way i would tell anyone else until 7 mths but thats not possible lol!!

x

This time around i have told the 3 people at work who are pregnant and close friends and my best friend,
not telling family until our scan OH doesnt want to

I've told my family and three close friends. I haven't told work yet. Think I'll wait a few weeks if I can cos I don't know how they will be about it! I've got some really good friends in work I want to tell and I can't incase it goes round but they will be the first to know. I just want to know when my scan is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back