how much is too much?

weelinda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Not been on here much but looking for a bit of advice please, my lo will b 5 weeks on Friday but he eats so much I actually thinks he eats too much, he takes 5oz bottles during the day but at his last feed at night he takes between 6 and 7oz before he will go to sleep and its the same with his feed during the night. He was 8lb 3oz at birth I dread to think what he will weigh on Friday. How much do your little ones eat and do you think mines is eating to much?

Hiya, I'm not on here much either but find its super helpful when you want some reassurance. My baby is just the same, he's now 8 weeks and takes around 7oz during the day feeds and a bit more for bed time if he can stay awake! As long as he's not bringing back lots of milk at end of feed I'm sure it's fine, he could also just be in a big growth spurt. Miles actually had up to 9oz per feed when he was in 6 week growth spurt xxxx

Sounds Fine to me, my lo was the Same and he still is a little milk monster! I would say if he wants it let him have it. He will let you know if it is too much x

Hi ladies,

Not been on here much but looking for a bit of advice please, my lo will b 5 weeks on Friday but he eats so much I actually thinks he eats too much, he takes 5oz bottles during the day but at his last feed at night he takes between 6 and 7oz before he will go to sleep and its the same with his feed during the night. He was 8lb 3oz at birth I dread to think what he will weigh on Friday. How much do your little ones eat and do you think mines is eating to much?

Based on his weight I don't think that sounds too much. How many bottles does he have a day and what's the total amount he has in 24 hours? How long does he go between feeds? If he's having about 5-6 feeds in 24h and going 3-4 hours between them, I'd say it's fine. Does he only have one feed at night? He will probably have more in the day to compensate for that too.

He eats every 4-4.5 hrs and has 5-6 bottles in 24hrs and only takes one bottle during the night, based on what you ladies are saying it sounds like its normal or maybe he's just having a growth spurt at the moment.

I'm just getting ready to take him to the clinic to get weighed, this should be interesting!:shock: I will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
He weighs 10lb 10oz health visitor said that is fine for his age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back