Bottlefed babies - how many dirty nappies?

peanut1982

Reaction score
My little boy is almost 6 weeks old and taking 5oz of C+G newborn roughly every 4 hours. Just wondered how often your bottlefed babies fill their nappy? My little boy fills it every time he wakes up, and usually again after or halfway through his feed.

I have a couple of antenatal pals with little boys the same age and they were shocked at how many poops my wee man is creating, they said usually only get one dirty nappy a day.

He's enjoying his milk and very content. Doesn't cry when he poops, just grunts! He was 9lb 2oz at birth and last week at 5 weeks weighed in at 11lb 7oz so gaining weight well.

Would appreciate your thoughts on whether this amount of poo is normal!

Thank you!
Sarah x

Molly is a couple of weeks younger but only does one or two dirty nappies a day. Generally she'll do one then do another as soon as she's been changed :roll:

If he's not losing weight and seems happy and in no pain, I'd thik he's probably fine but just might be worth double checking with your health visitor.

Bless you though! The one or two a day Molly does is enough!

Thanks hun, will have to check with HV. They've got a lot smellier this last week too so not the best fun. Don't mind so much during the day but such a thought having at least 2 dirty nappy changes through the night! Sooo noisy when he fills it too, very embarrassing in the bank as I experienced the other day :lol: I'm sure some folk thought it was me farting, unbelievable that such a small thing can create such noise!!

Ella was doing one or two poos a day at that age on SMA, but when we then changed to Cow and Gate she was going about as often as you LO, but they were explosive and like water! So smelly poo, 10 times a day and out the nappy in seconds! :puke:

As has been said as long as he is happy and gaining weight I wouldn't worry, plus the amount they poo changes all the time! My LO is teething at the mo and therefore is pooing about 5 times a day, rather than the usual once. They really stink now that she is on solids too! :puke:

nickilubs said:
We arre on SMA and shes pooing once a day :)

Twas the same for us when Becky was on milk only. Now she's on solids it's any between 1 and 4 a day and they are extra colourful :puke:

Was 2-3 times a day at that age, now its once always, mabey twice.

A friend of mines boy used to poo whenever he was being fed, so 5-6 times a day... others will go 2 days. Its all perfectly normal, so long as lo is producing wet nappys and gaining weight, dont worry! :)

Once a day for Amber and she's on Heinz (Farley's) formula.
He sounds happy and healthy enough and he's gaining weight so I wouldn't worry, every baby is different hun :hug: :hug:

Lola-Mae was doing about 5-6 poops a day before we changed her milk to the comfort one! All babies are different also hun! My HV told me with one of my other babies lol that some babies poop every other day some babies poop 6 times a day! I wouldnt worry about it hun!

try not to worry hun all babies are different i have twins and at the moment 1 of them is going every other feed and the other 1 only goes once a day usually at about 3 in the morning lol :roll: xxxxxx

Morgan is on C&G six months plus and he poo's 8-10 times a day, always at each nappy change.

Thanks everyone! Had our 6 week check at the doctor's this morning and she said it's nothing to worry about! He's perfectly healthy and gaining plenty weight so that's the main thing!
S x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back