How many children do you have?

This is my second (third pregnancy) and there will definitley be no more!!!
I was happy with one but the gods intervened and this little one was obviously meant to be. I'm so excited now I could go pop!!! :rotfl:

I always wanted 5 boys but this one is a girl. I still want 5 boys but probably wont risk more than one more it case its a girl too.

I know that sounds a bit bad, but it is something I feel strongly about. I fully acknowledge that I am silly. :oops:

this will be our second. Bethany is 6 and is sooooooo looking forward to it. We wated to wait until she had started school. I know my limits, hahaha, thought id give my self a break before this one came along! I would love another one, but hubby's gonna be 36 when this one comes along and he doesnt fancy haveing a new born when hes 40 :( Oh well....i'll keep nagging
smilewink.gif

sazzylou said:
this will be our second. Bethany is 6 and is sooooooo looking forward to it. We wated to wait until she had started school. I know my limits, hahaha, thought id give my self a break before this one came along! I would love another one, but hubby's gonna be 36 when this one comes along and he doesnt fancy haveing a new born when hes 40 :( Oh well....i'll keep nagging
smilewink.gif

My hubby will be 44 when this little one arrives, he's terrified!!!

well, my OH has 3 sons, Edward 13, Jake 9, Josh 7.
i have a daughter Shelby 14
and now we have our baby girl Maisy :D

timsmom said:
My hubby will be 44 when this little one arrives, he's terrified!!!

aaah, bless him, . My dad was 43 when they had me and it didnt matter at all. :D

The other thing with mu hubby is that he's and only child, and his parents have spent his entire life drumming it into him that its much better to have as few kids as possible, because you can spend more money on them and they'll eventually get 100% of any inheritance.
arghh.gif
What a lovely way of looking at it.......

budge said:
Squiglet said:
This is our second... although because its a girl, people keep saying we have to try again... but three is scary and I don't think I can be bothered to go through all this hassle a third time... :rotfl: Plus financially it will be a huge strain and I'd rather be able to support two without worry than three with lots of worry (remember we don't get benefits here like the UK) ...

we (my hubby and i ) have never claimed any benefits and we cope. i think you do whatever is thrown at you. we would never had had so many kids if we had to claim benefits for them. wouldn't have felt right.

No no no... I didn't mean like "claim benefits"..ie Job seekers, income support etc. .. I meant any form of money from the government.

For example there is no "child benefit" over here (which all children in the UK are entitled too.. even royalty could claim it for their kids)... or working families tax credit.... plus the wages are a good deal lower here than they are in the UK... In the UK we would be considered on Low Income and have that topped up with the credits system, but they just don't have that here. The average wage is around 800€ per month. A well paid job is around 1000€ a month, that's what I got for being a university graduate and speaking more than one language.

Plus your maternity leave is just three months long and there is no SMP, once your three months is up, that's it no more money. Here you either work or get nothing.

Financially here, having more than two kids is really difficult. Plus you have to work to get money but the child care cost are quite high for babies... If you're lucky like me you have parents that will do it for free..but my parents are in their 60's and my dad is quite ill, it wouldn't be fair to pop off four kids and expect them to care for them. But financially I wouldn't be able to afford child care for four children on my wage.

The answer is don't come to Spain and have kids really :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back