How long to wait???

Rjt_england

Reaction score
We lost our little one last Thursday...... Emotional and devastated

OH was in hospital yesterday, picked her up this morning so all is good

Been told no sex for two weeks which is fine, OH really wants to try again asap

Her doc originally said wait 6 MONTHS before TTC again??? This upset my OH and then the doc said, ok 3-4 months

Not sure if she is talking physically or emotionally after all that has happened.....

Any of you want to share your experiences? Are there health constraints to stop us trying again?

My OH is devastated at the thought of waiting 6 months to try!!!!

Thanks

I was told to wait one cycle, 6 months seems a bit excessive! Although it does depend on how she lost the baby. Hope you're ok x

Hi we lost our baby girl at 23.3 weeks after I went into labour due to a womb infection. I bled for about 6 weeks afterwards but we were told to try again as soon as we felt ready (which was after I had my next real period)

6 months does sound a long time to be told to wait but I suppose it does depend on how you lost your child.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Life can be so cruel at times.

Here's hoping you find peace. Thinking of you both at such a tragic time x x

I had to wait 3 months after being given methotrexate for an ectopic. After "normal" mc (I had 4 losses in total) I was told I could try after a normal period. All the research I did says this was completely safe to do and doesn't increase chance of another mc.

I'm sorry you've had to through this.

Last edited:
Thanks all, as it stands no "unusual" circumstances for the loss, one week ok, next not..... Cant understand the 6 months either but agree one period inbetween would make sense

Tough times but what can we do......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back