how long to wait for 1st period after mc?

katyloumc

Reaction score
Hi I found out I had miscarried around the 3rd of december and bleeding came not long after that. I'm still waiting for my period, should it take more than a month? Xx

Can take 4-6 weeks i was told hun, im still waiting for Mine, but i only just got a positive opk on new years day that was 4 weeks from main bleed of miscarriage, so my af could come in 2 weeks time if no bfp!! So dont worry depends when the hcg came out of your system altho u miscarried on the 3rd, the hcg can take upto 2 weeks to leave your system, and your cycle wont start again until thats gonex

Hi!
Sending (((hugs))) my period took 6 wks to arrive but my cycles are very long anyway, between 5/6 wks so I didn't expect much. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself x x x

Hey, I've had two MCs this year, one in Sep and one in Dec. I had a D&C for both so not sure if that makes a difference but they both came back after exactly the same duration. Had the first D&C on 7th Sep with absolutely no bleeding after it and got AF 4 weeks 2 days later. My last D&C was on the 7th Dec and I spotted for a couple of weeks so I assumed it would take longer for AF to appear but again it was 4 weeks and 2 days later. I took my temps this time and it showed that I ovulated 18 days after D&C and AF appeared at 13/14 DPO.

Hopefully you're not waiting too long but like the others have said, 4-6 weeks is normal xx

Firstly, I am so sorry you have gone through this. I have had 2 and I wouldnt wish it on anyone :(
I think it varies for most women. Both my miscarriages were natural, the first happened over the course of a week and half and the 2nd happened within a day. With both, my period started pretty much the same time a period wld from the day of the loss not from when the MC's started happening. I had v regular periods-I am not sure if its any relevance though. Think it is just a matter of being different from person to person xx

Hi, sorry to hear of your loss :-(
I had two this year, both 11.5weeks. Both miscarriages happened on 5th of the month, ovulation occurred on 30th/31st and period on 14th of the following month. So basically six weeks for my first period, both times, like clockwork!
I think it depends on how far along you were as the level of hormone is higher the further you are into your first trimester, so it takes longer to leave your system. Only after that can you ovulate.
Hope this helps and I hope you're ok, I know from experience how devastating miscarriage can be, and how lonely x

Thank you for all of your lovely replies. I'm still waiting keep havin pains like I'm going too since sunday but nothings came yet just want it to hurry up so I can start again. My levels were only 26 when I found out so hopefully wouldn't have taken long to completely go. I wish you all the luck in the world xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back