• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long to use Cot bumpers ?

Duds

Reaction score
Im confussed, How long should you use a cot bumper for ? and what are they actually for>?
Aimee is always gettting her legs stuck or hitting herself on the sides of the cot so my mum said to get a bumper but i looked on mothercare & they say for use until sitting >!!?
Why's that? should i not get one....

I dont know, i have heard that if they roll up to them they can over heat but i can see the sense in having one also ....

do you not use one then?

i used one for decoration till someone on here said it was dangerous so came straight off

Cot bumpers shouldn't be used when they can sit because they are close to pulling themselves upright then and they can use them to climb and potentially fall out of the cot.

I never used one anyway as I like the air to circulate around the cot and bumpers can prevent this.

Midwives don't recommend them (well mine didn't anyway) because of this and the entanglement issue.

I never used them either, i think they are more of a marketing ploy than anything.

It was a shame cos there was a lovely one that would have matched the decor in his room great, but I would never get one.

all 3 of mine had cot bumpers, didnt reliase that they were dangerous, i took my daughters ones off when they turned a year and my sons will be coming off when he turns a year also

I never used them because of the dangers involved. As soon as they can sit up by themselves you're supposed to take them off.

:oops: I never knew this. It difficult to know what to believe now a days tho as there are dangers to everything
maybe i wont buy a new one then as there isnt much point...

I've never used bumpers - I was advised not to during my ante-natal classes because they can be dangerous.

Well I used one because we've got a victorian house and the only place we could position his cot in his room meant that he was in a draft so what I did was to pull it right down so that it just came to the height of his sleeping head if you see what I mean rather than being at its full length. Since he's been sitting and now climbing etc I have pulled it right down and under the mattress again so that there's just about 4" above the matress height and that is so that his dummies don't roll out in the night. If he shows signs of yanking it up I'll remove it but he never has and even if he stood on the top it wouldn't get him anywhere at that height but it does have its uses. When the night dummies go I guess that will too...

+++

I use bumpers, cause I've bought Rebecca lots of pretty little sets for her cot and the bumpers are included.

I am the same as Rosebay, Rebecca is near a window so it prevents her getting a draft. :D

Everyone is different tho, which makes this place interesting :hug:

I've always used a bumper with Aimee cos our house is freezing and there are drafts blowing through the windows, plus no matter were i put her in the cot she always ends up right at the top with her head pushed up against it so it stops her banging her head. She has never bothered touching it though!

i have used them from birth for both Dior and Harley thay are great to stop the dummy falling out the cot, stopping their legs and arms getting stuck and hitting their heads on the bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back