How long to implant?

Cori

Reaction score
I can't remember if I've asked this before, lol, but how long does it take the egg to fully implant in your uterus? I don't mean from before it gets to your uterus, I mean from when it first starts to attach? Is it a case if minutes, hours, or a couple of days?

roughly 10 days from conception to implant. Once implanted then hcg is released and can test positive. I think it implants for a good while, hence why some women can get a 3 day bleed. theres a good set of videos to watch in the sticky top section explains it all with real videos!

I did read one interesting thing in my new book, even though millions of sperm are released only around 200 will make it to the tube and survive! And from getting from the ''vanjita'' to the tube is the equivelant of hundreds of miles for them and takes 48 hours! Just a bit of useless info for you there!

HollyHobby said:
roughly 10 days from conception to implant. Once implanted then hcg is released and can test positive. I think it implants for a good while, hence why some women can get a 3 day bleed. theres a good set of videos to watch in the sticky top section explains it all with real videos!

I did read one interesting thing in my new book, even though millions of sperm are released only around 200 will make it to the tube and survive! And from getting from the ''vanjita'' to the tube is the equivelant of hundreds of miles for them and takes 48 hours! Just a bit of useless info for you there!

I cant see no vids or am I looking in the wrong place?

HollyHobby said:

spot on...the miles that the little swimmers have to swim for is like us swimming the lenght of an olympic swimming pool - midwife told me that today :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HollyHobby said:

Interesting. I read somewhere that it takes about 6 hours to get from the vagina to the cervix. So if it takes 2 days, it would be too late to BD on the day of ovulation wouldn't it, if the egg only lives for 24 hours?

The egg can live up to 36 hours, thats why its best to get the sperms lined up beforehand, and new sperms (fast boy ones) can reach the egg in the tube just after ov.

Those videos are so cool. I still don't know how long it takes to implant, though. Does it take a few hours or a couple of days? I know it happens between 6 and 14 days, but I mean when it starts to implant, when does it finish?

Hi Cori,

I got an IB about 10 days after OV. I though it was AF mega early cus mine was like the start of AF (like sticky brown) I had this for about 48hours and it was only when I wiped. AF was due Thurs, tested Wed (not FMU) BFN, tested Thurs and 2 BFP!

So 10 days for me, but we're all different x

Cori i re read my book last night and i made an error about the 48hours - oops! tahtw as how long the sperm lives on average!! :oops:

Oh right, lol. I thought it couldn't take them 48 hours, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back