How long for the pill to get out of your system?

lynseyology1

Reaction score
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone can advise me on this. I have been on the pill for 14 years and came off it at the end of Aug 08 when we decided to try for a baby. So far we have not been lucky although i do wonder if i had a chemical pregnancy in Oct 08 as my period was very different to normal. Now i have been off the pill for 4 months do you think the pill has left my system?

I would love to know if people were on the pill for a similar length of time and their stories....

Ok......I was on the pill for 18 years non stop, never ever took a break from it, although did change brands a few times!

Im also 34 and my husband is 41 - so another thing against us. I was anticipating it taking around a year to fall pregnant, but 6 weeks after coming off the pill - hey presto (my signature says it all)!!

It took one of my good friends 6 months, and another friend has been trying for 2 years...... :(

It really does seem to be the luck of the draw, and I was one of the lucky ones - for which I will always be very grateful for.

I did start using cheapie ovulation sticks which I found very useful, especially as I had no real idea how long my cycles would be and am convinced they helped!!

Lots of luck with your TTC journey, Im sure it wont be a long one :D

I guess i have to accept that this is going to be a waiting game! Thank you for your advice and good luck for tomorrow - you must be so excited! x

I came off the pill in march and have been trying since april but have never caught bfp. doc said may have been pregnant early on last cycle but lost it and never got bfp.

came off pill last june and have only had 3 af since then. starting to get me really down now!! others seem to be back to normal straight away! guess its just different for everyone
xx

I was one of the lucky ones. I'd been on Cilest 10 years, no break. Came off it, and it probably only took me three weeks to get pregnant.

I didn't even have chance to have a period.

badgergirl said:
I was one of the lucky ones. I'd been on Cilest 10 years, no break. Came off it, and it probably only took me three weeks to get pregnant.

I didn't even have chance to have a period.
:shock: soooooo jealous of you!!!

I was also one of the luckier ones.

I came off the pill in May after it stopped my periods (havent had a period since April) and I fell pregnant end of June...

How the hell i managed to get pregnant without a period god only knows (i wasnt trying) xx

i was on the pill for 10 years until i got pregnant with my daughter. obviously i had a break from it but after i finished breastfeeding i went back on it. had been on it for 9 months when i got pregnant again, the last pill i took was on 16th november the day i got my BFP, i miscarried soon after and stopped bleeding at the end of november. started taking my temp and i'm almost certain i ovulated on 13th december, so pill mustve come out of my system within one month.

I was on the pill for only 9 months and been off the pill for over a year and my periods are not normal etc etc, so I don't think it's completly out of my system yet. I so regrett going on the pill :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back