How long does your baby latch on for?

Lulabell

Reaction score
Seems like Joshua can be on for over an hour sometimes. Is this normal?xx

Yes it is! They need to suckle lots in the first few weeks to increase your milk supply even if they are not actually getting much, I remember Kynon having an hour on then hour off! Drink plenty and eat lots of good food to keep your strength up. They get much more efficient and Kynon can now drain a boob in 10 mins although quite often normally at night and evening he will take an hour to do both sides but I think this is because my milk isn't so good at night.

^wss my LO is exactly the same now! I almost miss sitting for an hour as used to get some tv in lol! Now it's 10 mins here and there and longer on a night! Xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I BF my son until he was 1 year old and up until he was 4 months old he could be latched on to me for hourssss. I used to watch alot of films during that time lol Once he hit 4 months he got quicker and was more into other things then, and once he was sitting up at 6 months he went down to 3 feeds per day which would last between 10/20 mins.

It gets easier!

5-15mins except in the evenings when he spends from 7pm-8pm is attached until bed. He drifts if to a light sleep but wakes as soon as I move the boob away lol!

Make the most of it, you'll miss it when it stops. Owen literally takes under 2 mins to feed and has done since about 3 months. He doesn't even feed that often (2-3 hours). I would love to sit and spend a decent amount of time having cuddles

Issac was 10 mins on 1boob then 10mins on each boob. I'm topping him up with formula as he is too lazy to stay on and just screams. Its totally normal to have a LO latched for an hour tho x

Sounds normal to me. LO used to be the same at that age. They do get more efficient later, now she can drain a breast in about 10min :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back