How long does the bleeding last?

babywishes14

Reaction score
Hi all, so sorry we are in this section :sad:

I am going through my second miscarriage (blighted ovum first). Had a scan at 6 weeks, all looked fine, then a week later started spotting brown, then few days later red.

Went to EPU, who confirmed baby had no heartbeat. Stopped growing at 6 weeks. Devastated.

As I was already bleeding, they suggested I let nature take it's course.

That was last Wednesday. Thursday & Friday had heavier bleeding, but hardly any pain.

Now a week later, bleeding is not as heavy, but is still like a period & still wearing pads. Also passing lots of bloody mucus (TMI) & the odd small clot. A few random cramps but nothing unbearable. Bleeding is not as heavy as last week though.

How long should I bleed for & when should it stop?

Did a pregnancy test tonight & it's still positive :-(

Xxx

Sorry for your loss hun. Its such a horrible thing to happen :(

The bleeding is pretty subjective really, I've had all sorts of lengths with my miscarriages.

Have you got a follow up scan to make sure that everything has come away? I'd say that if you're still bleeding fresh blood 2 weeks after it first started then go back to the epu if you can or your gp for a scan, just to make sure you don't need medical intervention.

So sorry you're going through this :hugs:

Sorry for your loss!! In terms of bleeding it can be different according to each person. Mine lasted about a week. Are you not having a scan and having yoir hcg levels checked at regular intervals until it goes under 5. If not you should be just to check everything has gone right naturally. Just to be on the safe side. Take care!! Xxx

Really sorry for your loss hun, it's an awful experience to go through.

I'm not sure how long you would bleed with a natural miscarriage as I had mine surgically managed. (I did have to wait 4 days for the surgery though and was still bleeding really heavily after 4 days with big clots).

I know that it is recommended you do another pregnancy test 2-3 weeks after miscarriage and if it still reads as positive you need to go back to EPU for a scan to ensure all pregnancy tissue has gone as there might be some left which could cause infection. xxx

reaky sorry for ur loss :-( as the other say bleeding varies and is difrent for everyone but i think u should ask for a follow up scan to see if everything has come away ur hcg should not have been high anyways and shouldnt take to long to come out ur system,hope u are ok and again im realy sorry xxxx

Thank you all for your kind words x

Just didn't think it could happen twice :-(

EPU will call me next week to see how I am getting on, but no scans or blood tests booked to check HCG levels. It's not something they offer as standard.

They just said I needed to do another pregnancy test 2 weeks after & hopefully it should be negative (or faint positive).

Bleeding has slowed now, just getting bloody mucus when I wipe, is this normal after a week?

Xx

Forgot to add, After my blighted ovum I had a D&C as found out at 12 week scan, so not sure what to expect naturally.

Had no bleeding what so ever after D&C.

Xx

Yeah that's starting to go in the right direction now hun, you might find that you'll end up spotting when it slows down further - this can also last a good few days.

Really feel for you, I've been there more times than I care to remember, the girls on here are brilliantly supportive if you ever need to chat or vent xxx

So sorry to hear of your loss hun. With my mmc, I bled for around 3 weeks pretty heavily.
with my 2nd natural mc, I bled for around a week, no heavier than a period.
Xx

I bled for 10 days ladt time i mc and it was heavy for most of it. From what i understand 10 days is fairly normal. It will stop sooner or later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back