• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long did your parents take to ttc?

rusks

Reaction score
i have just tactfully worked into a conversation with my mum about how long it took her to ttc me and my brother. i don't want her to know im ttc at the moment but i got a feeling the amount i was going on about it she might well have guessed we are "thinking about it" at least. (well that will of course be my obsession with ttc coming out in my sub concious won't it!!!! :oops: )

:shock: anyway my mum took two and a half years to ttc my older brother apparently she had really irregular periods like 8 and 10 weeks in between and several times thought she was pregnant and was absolutely gutted when AF arrives like us, i was really shocked i never knew all that, she said that there was nothing wrong with her just her irregular periods made it so hard. anyway there is 11 months between me and my bro so it happened very quick second time round!! :dance:

it really frightened me the only thankful thing im hanging onto is that since coming off the pill in feb so far my cycles have been regular ish and i so hop that this doesn't run in the family. :pray:

do you guys know how long your parents took?

well it took my mum nearly 2 yrs with my brother with me she came off the pill an caught straight away!
xx

My mum told me two years to conceive me but my sister was 'accidental'

Alice x

My Dad ran away with the circus my Mum went to visit him - I'm not imagining it was that long!!! :roll: :lol:

my dad told me that they caught the egg the first time they tried with me.

Wobbles said:
My Dad ran away with the circus my Mum went to visit him - I'm not imagining it was that long!!! :roll: :lol:

pmsl :lol: that was one way of putting it bird :lol:

My Mum said she only had to look at my Dad and she'd be pregnant, hence the 11 months difference between me and my older brother (and I was 3 weeks late!) :wink:

apparently my mum caught straight away on both me and my sister
on my first son i caught straight away and on my 2nd i had 3 months off the pill before trying then one month of trying and failing then caught the following month im hoping when i start trying this time it will be quite quick xxx

My mum fell in the first month off the pill with my brother and with me it took 9 months! I just think its down to catching that little egg at the crucial moment!

My mum fell first time trying with all 4 of us which is why I was so frustrated at it taking so long for me, it took me 14 months to hit the jackpot and I honestly didn't think that I was ever going to get there, but I did in the end!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all those ttc.....

Xxx

i was an accident (mum was on the pill) so took no time at all!! but when my parents tried for another it never happened nothing was wrong with either of them ? mum reckons it might be because after she had me she got an infection but who knows it took 2 cycles after me coming off the pill to get pregnant with Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back