How long did you have to wait?

*claire*

Reaction score
Hi i'm going to be induced on the 16th feb with my first baby, But just wondering how long it took you start to finish. :)

Was induced Saturday afternoon at 2pm, she was born 1.17pm on Sunday. I was only allowed one dose of the prostin though and was put onto the drip right after as my waters had gone. All the best :hug:

with my 2nd i had my waters broken at about 8pm. went on the syntocin drip about 11:30 or so and delivered at 12:34 :)

good luck :hug:

i was induced on the 18th feb last year, had my first pessary at 8:00am the 18th and had her at 10:44am on the 19th best of luck xx

i was induced with my 5th, they inserted the first pessary at 7am on the 20th dec was taking to labour ward at 3pm to have my waters broke as i was only 3cm dilated and baby was still high up at just before 5pm i had my waters broke (was still only 3cm dilated :roll: ) and at 5.20pm she was born

I was induced with my LO, first pessary at 8pm on Wednesday, 2nd pessary 6 hours later, waters broken 2pm Thursday, drip 3pm Thursday, He was born at 2am Friday. I have some good memories of it, honest!! :D :hug: You'll be great!!

With my first I was induced early due to very high blood pressure. As it was 2 weeks early he did not want to come out and it took 3 doses of the gel before it all got underway but once it got going it was fairly quick. With my 3rd I was induced at due date due to her size and that went alot quicker one lot of gel and we were off! Never had the drip with either of them but that is supposed to make everything speed up but it can take quite a while for things to get going hun.

first pessary inserted about 10am monday morning, put on a drop 1am tuesday morning, zach was here by emergency c-section at 3pm(ish!)

4 hours with my first, gel at 09.30 am baby arrived at 1.30pm

Bit longer with my second, I had tablet pessary at 7.30pm (but no one had long enough fingers to get at my cervix to put it in properly :roll: ) waters broke at 1.30am and DD arrived at 10am. My labour was recorded as 8 hours but I was having painful contractions before they considered me to be in labour.

Pessary gel inserted at 6am, getting very uncomfortable by 11am, 5cm dilated and in labour suite just after 1pm, fully dilated by 6.30pm when waters were broken, one hour of pushing later baby arrived at 7.30pm.

So 13 and a half hours start to finish for me!

First pessary inserted at 9:30pm on 23rd December ....... 50 hours later Josh was born by c-section at 11:37pm on Xmas Day

Well Id been in labour 60 hours and only got to 3/4cm..so they put the drip up and I got to 10cm in 4 hours..ended up having a section though as she wouldnt come out!

first pessary inserted about 10am, second pessary 5pm which started off labour proper straightaway. got to 10 cm dilated at 4:30am, born by emergency section at 9:30am. err, think after 5 hours fully dilated they realised he wasn't going to come out :lol: (I can laugh about it now)

I found induction quite easy and straightforward for me. Good luck, you'll be fine :D :hug:

First pessary 8am Wednesday, Stanley born 1.30pm Saturday. :)

Good Luck!! :cheer:

I had first pessary Saturday 7pm - ended up with c-section on the Wednesday at 12.30pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back