How long does it take?

Warley

Reaction score
Hi Guys just wondering :roll: how long generally does an episectomy (when they cut or you tear) to heal after giving birth.

Was also wondering how long they advise before you are allowed to :oops: erm.... have sex? Sorry to sound like a nympho!

X

Hi,

I would guess it varies from person to person but the midwives kept saying that mine was healing nicely early on but I was still in pain with it for a good couple of weeks after the birth. I used lavender oil drops in the bath which helped.

They say to have showers which I did most of the time but also had baths to help chill out after the birth.

I also used arnica tablets which helped as well. I wished I'd started taking them straight away after the birth.

A rubber ring turned out to be a life saver to help take the pressure off from down there when sitting down. You can get proper episiotome cushions but they can be pricey and as you don't know if you'll need one until after the event it's a difficult decision as to whether to buy one or not.

I lost a lot of blood which hindered my recovery, so I'm sure for others they probably healed quicker.

Personally, it was a good while before I even wanted to think about having sex :) Can't help you with that one.

Hope everything goes well with your birth and that you don't need an episiotome :)

not sure i think they take longer to heal than natural tears. i had a small natural tear but think i had internal grazing too coz i tried sex after 2 or 3 weeks and it hurt so bad we had to stop :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back