How long did you/are you planning on co-sleeping for?

*Star*

Reaction score
I tend with mine to try and get them to sleep in their crib at the start of the night. Then when they wake up they come into our bed for a feed and stay there until morning. then as they start to slep longer during the night they spend less and less time in our bed, until they spend pretty much the whole night on their own.

how does everyone else do it, and how do you plan on weaning them off sharing your bed!!

pretty much the same as you hon - i hope that one day connor will sleep through... :pray: :pray: until then, he can come and go from cotbed to our bed as he pleases, cos i'm damned if i'm getting up to feed him :shakehead: :lol:

haha that' exactly what I think too!

But when mine got to Connor's age I had stopped bf, as i'd gone back to work (hoping to express and go longer this time though), and they were on bottles. So when they woke we just made them a bottle and gave it to them in the cot.

I'm really hoping to keep on with the bf for a lot longer, so i think we'll be co-sleeping for a long longer too!

rhys is 20months and still sleeps with us, he goes to bed in his own room then wakes around 1.30 and comes into our bed. i love it!

ffion has never slept with us in our bed, we only have a double and we couldnt all fit. she settles really well in her own cot.. we put her down awake and she falls asleep herself. rhys never never did this.. hence the co-sleeping.

i worry that one day ffion will realise that rhys sleeps with us and she doesnt :( i dont want her to feel left out so i am hoping to get rhys in his own bed within the next 6 months

Dylan co-slept with us until he was 10 wks. Then i had OH bring his cot into our room and its next to my side of the bed. I put him in there and he was fine and slept just as good. The only thing is though, it's a pain when he loses his dummy through the night and i have to kneel on our bed and reach into the cot (the sides dont come donw on the cot and our bed is a really low one :wall:

jennifer1981 said:
Dylan co-slept with us until he was 10 wks. Then i had OH bring his cot into our room and its next to my side of the bed. I put him in there and he was fine and slept just as good. The only thing is though, it's a pain when he loses his dummy through the night and i have to kneel on our bed and reach into the cot (the sides dont come donw on the cot and our bed is a really low one :wall:

I know just how you feel hun :wall:
I'm thinking of getting her off it asap for both pour sakes.

GOD HELP ME :lol: :wall:

I have always put lil miss in her own cot at the beginning of the night and bring her in to bed when she wakes up, where she stays until morning. Although now, she gets put back into her cot after a cuddly feed because she fidgets and head butts and pulls my hair so much. Where she will sleep for a short time, wake up, be brought in for another feed... put back.... wake up and brought in until I have to get up.. which if she first gets up at 3am ish... thats a lot of messing around.

Also now shes in a cot in her own room (DH's idea and I'm suffering for it as I knew I effing would :x :roll: ) after she has head butted me, pulled my hair and kicked me in the stomach repeatedly, I put her in her own cot and end up sleeping on the cold tiled floor in her room, holding her hand till she falls asleep again. :? Lil miss getting moved into her own room has done nothing but make things worse for me :(

Squiglet said:
I have always put lil miss in her own cot at the beginning of the night and bring her in to bed when she wakes up, where she stays until morning. Although now, she gets put back into her cot after a cuddly feed because she fidgets and head butts and pulls my hair so much. Where she will sleep for a short time, wake up, be brought in for another feed... put back.... wake up and brought in until I have to get up.. which if she first gets up at 3am ish... thats a lot of messing around.

Also now shes in a cot in her own room (DH's idea and I'm suffering for it as I knew I effing would :x :roll: ) after she has head butted me, pulled my hair and kicked me in the stomach repeatedly, I put her in her own cot and end up sleeping on the cold tiled floor in her room, holding her hand till she falls asleep again. :? Lil miss getting moved into her own room has done nothing but make things worse for me :(

As it was your H's idea could you not suggest that HE goes and gets lil miss when she wakes gives her to you so you can feed her then he goes and settles her in her cot???????????? :)

Ryan slept in my bed till he was 4 months then i decided he can go in his own cot! But then after a few days he wormed his way back into my bed lol up until 3 weeks ago, now he stays in his own cot all night :cheer:

I co-slept with my LO when I was breastfeeding, when I stopped breastfeeding and started using formula we tried him in his cot however he wouldnt settle very well and ended up back in our bed most nights. Its only been the last month that he has really adjusted to sleeping in his cot and its going really well.

T xx

keli said:
Squiglet said:

As it was your H's idea could you not suggest that HE goes and gets lil miss when she wakes gives her to you so you can feed her then he goes and settles her in her cot???????????? :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back