how long did it take for your breast milk to dry up

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
the title asks it all..

so how long am i looking to wear breast pads for after i stop breastfeeding?

my friend didn't breast feed and she never had to use breast pads at all. :think:

i think it differs from one person to another ebs.

OK... but the question still remains tho..

how long did it take for the milk to go completely? :think:

well my friend said hersnever really came in.

If baby doesn't latch on and messages aren't sent to the brain telling it to supply milk i suppse it doesn't :think:

mines still there if i squeeze :)

but i didnt need breast pads 3 days after my milk came in.

3 days after giving birth my milk came, they poored loads for 3 days after

i dunno if its my grammar...lol...ok.. lemme rephrase the question again..lol

how soon after stopping breastfeeding completley did ur milk dry up..

u stopped 3 months ago and it still here? etc

oh ebs im sorry i didn't read your question correctly.

i can't remember sorry. :oops:

i stopped breastfeeding gradually. So i stopped lactating gradually so i didn't get engorged.

I breastfed Nathan for a week and only needed breastpads for the next week after giving up. But my milk didnt go compleatly until about a month ago.

budge said:
oh ebs im sorry i didn't read your question correctly.

i can't remember sorry. :oops:

i stopped breastfeeding gradually. So i stopped lactating gradually so i didn't get engorged.

aaww ok... :hug:

Rachel said:
I breastfed Nathan for a week and only needed breastpads for the next week after giving up. But my milk didnt go compleatly until about a month ago.

it took that long? :shock: i thought it wud take about 2 weeks max :lol:

how long do you intend breastfeeding for ebs?

eerrmmm.. atleast 3 months no longer than 6 months tho..lol

i rememeber growing up seeing women whippin out their breast to 'of age' kids.. say 2 or 3 yrs old..

do ppl still do that? :think:

i was breast fed till i was 2 . i can remember my mother feeding me.
my friends friend fed her son till he was 4.

With my first I bf for 9 days and took a few weeks before I could stop wearing breastpads. My breasts were very full though.

With Joe, I didnt do it for more than a few days before I started mucking around with bottles and never felt it came in propely so I was out of bp 4 days after stopping completely.

hey i had keryn 4 n a half months ago n am still leaking really heavily lol

i was wondering how long peoples milk was producing 4 i never breastfed so dnt understand y im still leaking

luv lou n keryn xxx

Hi Ebony

I think if you stop breastfeeding gradually your body will realise there is less demand and so stop producing as much milk and you will not notice when you do/don't have milk.

Please ignore me if this is an unsuitable question, but why do you feel you would stop breastfeeding at 3/6 months? The only reason I ask is purely because from my personal experience this is when the breastfeeding got so much easier and to think of going over to bottles full time now would be a right palava! (please don't take offence, I am being nosey!)

Lucy

My milk didnt come in, i got all they symptons for about two days and then they went but no milk, i did have to wear breast pads for about 3 weeks though as i was leaking lil bits of colostrum before hand and after i had Harrison, i do still have 'something' there if i squeeze but no milk :think: everyone is different though i suppose!

Also i am bottle feeding so i dont know if that has anything to do with it

:) i have been breastfeeding for seven and a half months.
i tried at six months to stop and was in great pain. used all the cabbage in the world, diffrernt size and type. it did't work. so i left it till i had a push from my friend to do it again!
i left it for three days, nothing. used the cabbage again, and nothing.
in the end i was in so much pain i ended up going to the doctors.
i took half a tablet every 12 hours. and it worked. i still have a littlle milk but in time that will go.
i don't have breast pain and my boobs feel normal, and back in my normal bras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back