Hiya ladies

lealea85

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for 5 months now I hope many of u are well.
I need help......
I've recently stopped breastfeeding as Lil man is teething and biting me.
How long does it take for breast milk to dry up? Right now my breasts are engorged n agonising

Help!!!

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my boy, but still BFing atm. I tink everyone is different. My friend dried up after 8 days, some ppl take 3 days, some 3 months or more.

If you just express a bit off each boob so they're not engorged will help and help stop the ducts getting blocked too. it won't be enough to keep the supply coming in though xxx

Did you stop straight away? If so then it might be worth considering just dropping one feed a week to ease it off slowly. I know he will bite you in the meantime but if you just take him off when he bites and leave him for a couple of minutes, he will soon learn that biting means no milk!

Did you stop straight away? If so then it might be worth considering just dropping one feed a week to ease it off slowly. I know he will bite you in the meantime but if you just take him off when he bites and leave him for a couple of minutes, he will soon learn that biting means no milk!

Hey Hun, no advice but just wanted to say hello and it's good to see you :) hope your boobies feel better soon :)

mine only took a few days to dry up but i didnt breastfeed for as long as u did. try putting hot flannels over them whilst having a bath and keep up with nipple cream if u use it to make sure they go back to normal-ish lol x

Hey, I was wondering where you got to! Good to see you! hows the little one?

I found it took quite a while for it to dry up, and even now i occasionally leak (only very slightly) and I stopped when Matthew was 3 weeks old. I havent had to wear breast pads for about 3 1/2 months or so though.

I would suggest the same as Maria and express a little bit just to make yourself comfortable, they will soon stop producing as much!
XxX

No advice as still bfeeding, but wanting to say hi!! How's everything going?!

I slowed down the bf by expressing and weaning a onto formula took about 2 months for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back