How long between siblings

Meggiewoo

Reaction score
I was wondering what were your views on sibling age gaps. I think I will wait till Baillie is at least 3 before we try for another little one. The way I see it we would have to move first to a three bedroomed house and also I think I would like to save up for my next maternity leave (money is so tight this time.) On the other hand though I am worried that I might not concieve again - or that it could take years and I don't want too big an age gap between kids.

Thanks for reading x x

Kim x x x

there is 5 years between my two.. if we have another we will prob ttc next october-december then stop because i dont want anotehr winter baby if we dont concieve we will start trying again in the late summer..

summer is 2months old and we are already talking about our next

i think its whatever suits you and however you feel and obviously your circumstances

i would like another next year but most people think im mad :lol:

22 months between my two. I think it's a great age gap to be honest.

There will be between my son and the new baby. We're still in a 2 bed house but baby will be in with us for the first little while and then even if we have a girl they can still share. By the time #3 comes along we'll move to a bigger house.

I always wanted either 3 kids with small gaps, or 2 with small gaps, a 5 year gap then 2 more. We've been talking recently and think we'll probably stick to 3 so that means another small gap & money will be tight for a few years but it's so worth it. I can't wait to have my little family complete around me.

It's such a personal choice, what works for some wouldn't for others. Go with what you feel is best and it will be right for you. :hug:

Last edited:
Depends how old you are and how many you want hun!! I'm 32, so want a 2 yr gap so get kids born before 35 yrs if possible and that's it for me, 2 will be enough!

ive got the same plan as maybebaby id like 3 all within a short space of time, am i mad or what lol

I would love to one day have three.........(maybe 4 but don't tell oh!). I am only 25 just now and think another at 28 - then another at 31.

Sounds good ladies!

Kim x x x x

Hiya,

I've just had my 3rd - there is a 2 yr 3 month age gap between 1 and 2, and a 3 yr 6 month gap between 2 and 3.

Didn't think I'd want more than 3, but am thinking that maybe I would like another (if I ever got OH to agree which would be very difficult); am 34 now so that would mean conceiving in the 2nd half of my 30s (wouldn't want to leave it more than a couple of years) which I know will likely be much more difficult.

I think it really depends on how many you want, and also your age. Different gaps work for different families. I've got several friends who've got only 18 month age-gaps but I think that would have been too little for me. I wanted to spend as much time with each baby as possible and breastfeed for as long as poss. etc. I would have chosen a smaller gap between 2 and 3 but things don't always work out how one expects.

i have a boy 10 a girl 8 another girl 4 and tomas who is now 3 months.

there is only 11 months between my babies. grace was a shock but im glad it happened that way. it was really hard at first but it does get easier. i'd have another one now but hubby is happy with 2 for now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back