How is everyone?

xSuzx

Reaction score
Hi all I really need to start posting in this section more.

we're all on the last stretch and with the weather hotting up some of us could be in for a tough time.

Hows every one doing?

I'm not too bad but been better, I've started itching which could mean I have Obstectric cholestasis again (had it with my previouse pregnancies) but my consultant is abit of an ignorant idiot about it.

also been getting alot of Braxton Hicks contractions for the last few days which have been very uncomfortable, but they've calmed alittle now, also been abit sick (sorry TMI) but I suppose this all just part of the fun lol.

so is anyone feeling the same or are you all well?

xSuzx

Hiya!

I've been feeling pretty crappy lately 2... its soooo hot here & i cant stand being outside 4 too long which is a real shame :( I'm on iron tablets now & they are making my heartburn worse & making me feel quite sick!!

I had what i think were my first couple of braxton hicks in the last few days... i'm not really sure what they are but i think they are probs bh!! they really aren't nice!!

All in all though i feel fine :D not having a bad pregnancy though i can't wait 2 have my body back!! Got my 30 week scan in a week which im really looking 4ward 2 :D :D

Hope you feel better soon :D

Hayley xx

I don't want to sound silly but i was just wondering what Obstectric Cholestasis is??

Hayley xx

Hi,

I know what you mean by the weather............i live over in Spain, and it's certainley getting hot here, i'm finding it a struggle walking in the heat, as well as lots of pressure down below......it dose'nt help things....but i should'nt complain because i do love the sun!!!

Not long for any of us now.......getting very nervous!!!

Amy xx

Well i really thought my little one would have made an appearance by now but he just seems too comfy in here.! :roll:

I can't sleep very well, up around 7-10 times a night for bathroom breaks, it's getting too much now! :( :(

I just hope he gets a move on, :pray:
As for weather it's been sooo nice but I know what you mean abbout getting too hot! 8)

Well my fingers are crossed that the weather stays nice now until the end of summer, but my feet doesn't want it though. :doh:

hi girls

I am also suffering really bad with heartburn, i feel like the min a finish a tums its back again!! but i really hate liquid medicant!!

Finding it really hard to walk at the end of a day now, nearly certain i have spd but midwife told me i need to phone the physo myself and she forgot the number, :think: .... but then i have been thinking what can they really do other then tell me all the stuff i have learnt from here!

my baby is really wiggly at the min, but he is getting to big and the wiggles feel like he is trying to get out via my belly button!! :shock: haha

looking forward to moving in 3 weeks if all the rent checks go ok so i can sort my babys room and stuff out!

hope everyone is well xxxxxxx

I'm doing ok too. Had a bad night last night as couldn't get comfy due to hips etc being really sore and stiff. Have tried all the pillow advice etc but it doesn't seem to do much!

Kicks etc are getting so strong now and like you Keely it feels like LO is trying to make an exit from my belly button! It feels really cramped in there already and i'm not quite certain she's going to fit for much longer!!! I think my plan of escaping without any extra stretchmarks is highly unlikely, no matter how much cocoa butter i'm smothering myself in.

Has anyone been trying the almond oil massage to the perinium (sp :? ) :? I did it with my first and didn't tear so am doing it all again! Would definitely recommend it!

Tan x

hayley_17 said:
I don't want to sound silly but i was just wondering what Obstectric Cholestasis is??

You don't sound silly at all it's not very well heard of also called OC for short or ICP, it's something to do with how your liver functions, you can only get it when your pregnant and normally shows itself in the last trimester.

If you get OC your liver doesn't function as well and can lead to a build up of salt biles in your blood this cause intense itching normally starting on your hands and feet but can spread to the rest of you body if untreated.

it can also cause problems for the unborn baby so normally you have to deliver early ( at about 36 - 38 weeks)

you can read more about it here.

xSuzx

Tan said:
Has anyone been trying the almond oil massage to the perinium (sp :? ) :? I did it with my first and didn't tear so am doing it all again! Would definitely recommend it!

Tan x

I was thinking about starting something as i am really scared of tearing! where do i get almond oil from and do i start now?? once a day?? xxx

Id be interested in the per.... oil aswell. Must put it on my shopping list

[/url

Hi Keely,

I got mine in Holland and Barrett but you can get it in other chemists usually or any health food shop. It's really cheap and it goes a long way and lasts forever. I really do think thats what helped me first time though!

Tan x

I've thought of giving that ago myself.

Also what might be handy is to buy some essential lavender oil for after the birth, because even if you don't tear you can still get a few little grazes down there, and putting a few drops of essential lavender oil in you bath for a week or so after is supposed to help everything heal and feel less sore faster.

xSuzx

what do you mix with the almond oil? or do you apply it neat... and without sounding stupid - where do you rub it (between your bum and lady bits????)

I feel okay! can't complain.. i'm still sleeping right though.. if i do wake up it's once a nite but i never need the loo... i am feeling a lot of presure down below as the baby is lying quite low - but it's not causing any problems... my feet get really sore towards the end of the day - too sore to walk.. and my hands are still killing me with pins and needles.. i said i wasn't going to complain... i'm loving the heat... trying to not let it get to me! been going for little walks or sitting out in th garden after work.. does anyone else find when they go for a short walk they get a stitch?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back