How do you make the most of the weather?

Babybushie28

Reaction score
I hate being stuck indoors and Trey is now so curious he loves looking at the everything outside, but apart from going to park and shopping, I don't know what else to do? We've got some good parks around us but I feel like we are there all the time and I could do with a change of scenery, but don't really know what else to do? We're in east London.

What do you girls do to fill your sunny days? Maybe I can steal some tips!!

Thanks!

Xxxxxxx

Im in North London and this weekend were going to Paradise Safari Park in Broxbourne.
We also have a paddling pool in our garden which she splashes around in.
I've been to a couple of local farms - apparently Hackney has a nice farm somewhere?
I also love taking her to Mothercare World and Kiddicare as they are nice and fresh, entertains them and I can indulge in my shopping interest.
I go to lots of stay and play groups as she can watch the crazy toddlers and play with toys we don't have.
I go to my mums a lot too.
Also swimming and parks with big paddling pools.

Though my favourite is chilling out at home in the cool! Lol.

I always worry about being outdoors in the afternoon in this heat so I try and do most things in the morning.
Xxx

I worry about my LO being out in the heat too long. He's a fair skinned blue eyed red head and I'm paranoid about him in this heat! We go for a big long walk every morning anyway. He sits out in the back garden on his bouncer for a little while I hang my washing out and chill out. Other than that, we do the same as usual. I try to get out quite a lot most days. We live by the river and there are loads of cycle pathways nearby, so there's always somewhere different to go for a walk. I don't like to have him out in the afternoon when it's sweltering though.

DH and I share a car so most days I'm stuck very near to home. If it's not too hot I'll wander into town which is 30 min walk. Other than that I tend to take him out on walks around my estate, we have lots of trees to look at (which he loves lol) and if I'm brave I'll venture to our country park. I tend to do walks in the evening as I can have the pram hood down (he's still in the carrycot - I'm getting the most use out of it before he doesn't fit in it). He's still yound enough not to be bored by the same things everyday.

I am looking forward to it getting cooler so I'm not so worried about the sun xx

I cant wait to take JJ to Whipsnade or London Zoo to watch him as he sees animals close up for the first time! I'm not wishing lis life away, believe me...just cant wait to experience so many new things!

It is vry difficult to keep a little one entertained in this heat! xx

I would say that it's been too hot this week to have James out and about much!

We've tended to pop out for an hour early or late and be indoors at the hottest times. James has a long nap in the afternoon and I have an hour on the balcony! I look like I've just had a fortnight in Greece :lol:

When the weather is not as hot as this though we do the rounds of the parks (we have some lovely parks near us) we're also near a farm and we have a few places to feed the ducks. We also have some newly built water fountains as well... The Kings Cross area has been redeveloped and they have built these lovely fountains http://www.kingscross.co.uk/open-space-granary-square

We go for walks along the canal, we even walked to Hampstead Heath once. That was pretty taxing though and next time we go we'll get the bus :lol:

I have a couple of friends with kids a bit older than James so we meet up for coffee and cake

Once things cool down I have a few galleries I want to visit, a few photography exhibitions I have seen in Time out and once I start physio on my foot we'll go for a few walks along the Thames.

Some days we are out all day, other days we pop out to the shops and we're back within the hour.

xxxxxx

Thanks for all your replies :)

Yep it defo has been too hot recently! I'm terrified of T overheating, When we do go out early -around 9.30am - it's still boiling!!

We have baby groups Wed and thurs and normally just go for a walk afterwards, but I may be adventurous and venture further on the bus?? Not been to some of the places mentioned so I may check them out! I don't have any friends near me with little ones so I'm hoping to make some friends at these clubs too!

Xxxxxxx

Now that J is eating, we go for little picnics, but that's probably not much use to you. When he was smaller we went for lots of walks, local woods and parks. We go "shopping" to the local towns near me (not always the same one as we live nearish to 3), but we don't often buy anything except any food shopping we need, or nappies. We have coffee with friends in the village and go to playgroups, but only occasionally. I'm also a national trust member, so we go to NT properties and look at the house or gardens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back