How do you feel when friends get pregnant?

TBird

Reaction score
What would be the best way for someone to tell you? My friend has been ttc since I was with my son and I'm now pregnant again. I know this is going to be really hard for her to hear, and am just really worried about telling her, she has started clomid and is going on to IUI soon I think and its really stressful for her along with all the horrible hormonal stuff. I figure telling her on her own, but I was wondering if any of you have any advice?

I have a friend who has been told not to have any more children - huge problems with her last delivery with haemmoraging. To cap it all her husband went to Afghan in November and won't be home until July. I know that she would love more babies even though she hides it; I plan to tell her face to face on her own before anyone and before I announce it publicly. I think that is the best way. Good luck :hug:

I'm only TTC as of yesterday but have a friend who has been trying for about 2 years (a bit longer) with no luck (and 2 miscarriages :cry:) I just made a point of telling her prior to announcing TTC even on here - she doesn't use this site nor know my username - but wanted to tell her first so she could process it, if necessary, just in case I ended up pregnant before her. I discussed this with another friend who is also TTC this year (now) and we both agreed the right thing to do was to tell our friend prior to anything possibly happening - just in case .

She seemed to appreciate that and said "I can be a TTC person for you- loads of info :lol:" which was ace. She's very understanding but has had some really sh.t experiences of other people who KNOW her TTC issues "explode" their pregnancy on her which I remember and thought "how .....ing rude!"

I'm sure by talking to her she'll understand. :hug:

i hate breaking the news to people ttc with troubles my SIL has been trying for over 11 years and had 1 miscarriage and i want to try again she knows im trying but im going to dred telllin her i have had 2 already and trying for another so when i tell her i dont want to nmake it a privet thing as i dont want her to think im tellin her privetally to save her feelings because she cant consieve because i think that would hurt her feelings more. I will show her the pic if she wants to see it around 12 weeks when i get pregnant just as i would anyone else then hopefully she wont feel circled out but im not going to run over to her in excitment ect . .

my best friend fell pregnant by mistake a couple of months after i had a miscarriage, she was walking on eggshells for ages telling me and was really shocked when i was jumping for joy when she announced it to me...

the way i see it is if she is a true mate and im guessing she is otherwise u wouldnt be here worried about telling her, then she will be happy for you....i know i go to my mates house and she says the baby alana, go to auntie ema, that gets me a lil bit but i know that one day i will have one of my own and my friend is great and supposrtive through my ttc.

there is however a friend that has just announced shes pregnant and i hate it lol, i dont think they deserve one when they cant even look after the one theyve got, but thats a different matter lol.

i wouldnt rub it in her face, but i would involve her alot more in the pregnancy, dont make her feel as though shes the "odd" one out, im sure everything will be ok. x

You're a good friend by the sounds of it so I'm sure it will be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back