• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do u whiten ur underwear?

Marymary

Reaction score
Random question.. but I dont know and googles not helping! :roll:

Just been sorting my cupboards and ive loads of white underwear thats now grey so its either the bin or i need to whiten it.. anyone know how? :? Is it bleach? How much do i need to use, or am i wrong lol?

Thought us girlies might know the answer lol

I just chuck my grey knickers away! I know there is some stuff you can get from the supermarked to whiten bra straps

Boil in my soup pan :oops:

(don't come round mine for soup! lol)

But it's a preventative measure more than a cure

Lol, Im not being cheap its just I really like some of the bras and want to give them a second chance, if they dont whiten Ill bin them

I've seen something on the shelf at Tesco that you use to make your underwear white again. Dunno what its called though so Im not much help :lol:

You'll most likely find that bleach acutally turns greyed whites more of a yellow colour than brillient white again. Throw them out and treat yourself to new ones...coloured/black lasts longer than whites! I haven't really found anything that makes faded/greyish whites white again, tried all sorts from Vanish and Ace to those whitening packs you can get in supermarkets to whiten underwear/nets etc. Nothing really seems to work.

i tired that stuff from tesco , a whitening pack , but it just made the bright grey if that makes sense , not a dull grey anymore but not white eithr !

think i may also have to treat myself t a new white bra :wall: specially in summer wearing strappy tops , grey straps looks awfull !

Buy black!!!
I think you can get a whitener from Dylon (who make the dyes) that you can use on bras etc.

I usually buy new ones but my mom likes to dye old white bra's that have gone grey, black with dylon dye, that way she doesn't have to throw out her favorites.

Also some times if she buys a dress in a particular colour with thin straps she will dye a white bra to match the dress exactly. I thought that was pretty genius!!

i work at wilkos and ive seen something to wash them in, cant remember what its called, its in a small blue box lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back