How do I get my whites back to white?

Dinski

Reaction score
Sorry, the title sounds like an advert lol. I put a load of whites in with some coloured stuff (didn't think it would run as I've washed the coloured loads before). Anyway, my whites all have a blueish tinge now. How do I get them back to white? If I bleach them will this also bleach any patterns/colours on them? I'm so annoyed with myself. Also, how do I get the blue tinge out of a yellow item? Grrrrr stupid self :x

I did this ages ago... my Nanna told me to put them into a bucket of cold water straight away try leaving them over night and then use glow white to get them back to white??? it worked for me!!

I have a similar problem today, regarding my whites.

I bought my other half some white polo shirts recently and have jsut washed them today, with only white stuff... so you can imagine my confusion when I saw they had navy blue streaks all over them!!

I think the lining round the collars of the polo shirts have run!!

thing is, why make a polo shirt out of two colours that are gonna run into each other!!

Tis very annoying, and I dunno what to do....xxx

you can buy stuff to put in your washing mashine and rewash all the clothes in it. It takes the dye out.

Edit to say - i think its called colour run remover

Iii use bleach then rinse it out and then put through the wash a couple of times.

Theres another called colour catcher (i think) think that just catches the colour as ya wash it?? not sure tho as I have never used it .... yet.... :lol:

I've used stuff for this before and it really worked! Think you just had to steep in in this solution with water for a while and thats it. It stinks & its a wee bit pricey but it works.. can't think of the name but your local shop should have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back