How do i work out when i am o?

pumpkin-rach

Reaction score
I've been told and read that to work out when my ideal time for ovulating is, i should subtrack 14 days from my cycle but i have irregular periods that seem to be getting worse as the months go on and i do not even know when i may be ovulating? Could anyone give me any pointers? I would ask my gyno but i am in the middle of changing them bcus i wasn't really told anything from my old one bar the fact that i have pcos.

If some one could give me any helpfull sites or any info from personal experience then it would be greatly appricated.

cheers

xx

Found this dont know if it might help, taken it from this site: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/guide/mother/f7990-calculating-your-ovulation-date.html
To calculate your ovulation date, you should bear in mind that no matter how long your entire cycle is, the luteal phase always lasts for 14 to 15 days.
To find out your ovulation date, you need to remove these 14 days from the whole of your average cycle. For example, if your cycle is usually 24 days long, ovulation will take place on the tenth day (24 – 14 = 10).

Maybe try and work out an average if you can, then try ovulation test sticks to confirm. Or if you dont want to use test sticks then try by temping.

Good Luck

To calculate your ovulation date, you should bear in mind that no matter how long your entire cycle is, the luteal phase always lasts for 14 to 15 days.
Good Luck

That's not always the case... my cycles range from 35-50 days (!) and my luteal phase has been anywhere from 9-12 days. Grrrr, yes am seeking help now.

So best way is to start charting and look for the temp shift, along with Cervical mucas recording. + the OPKs but they never seem to work for me (except for whne I was PG, they picked it up)! For someone eith really irregular cycles, it's sad to say but it's so hard to predict it prospectively..... you just realise once it's happened :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back