How do I bring on labour naturally?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Been to see my midwife this morning, she booked another appointment for 2 weeks time in case my LO isn't born by then to have a sweep...which as he's my first I reckon I'll go over and I really don't want to have a sweep/induction :( I know it's highly likely, but do any ladies have any suggestions to persuade my LO not to be late?? I've had no signs yet apart from dull achy pains in my lower back and front, but they're very occasional x

in my opinion the baby comes when they want to hun, as I was diabetic with my son I had an early induction with the pessary and the drip and in the end I had to have a section he didn't want to come out. I tried to bring him out earlier with different tips but he didn't want to play.

1. sex
2. curry

lol, I knew of those ones but my OH and I find it weird, we've rarely had sex since we've felt the baby move cause it makes us feel weird when he moves during sex and kind of puts us off lol....

As for curry does it have to be spicy or hot? I'm not a fan of really hot curries I'll give it a go though if it will help.

I know my LO will prob not want to play but I'm gonna try anything first and then I'll know at least I gave it a go, I don't want the interference of a sweep/induction x

has to be hot... wanna hear a funny story (i have told this story twice now on PF but it never gets old)

me, 9 months pregnant with Jasper, unable to move properly coz of my hips and we decide that we are going to do the 'curry and a shag' thing to get the baby out.

We make curry with proper chilli that we have grown ourselves from seed (i know dedicated hey)

Liam goes down on me to start things off

all feeling very nice (we have well placed cushions to stop me rolling about etc)

suddenly my lady garden starts feeling a bit... weird

then it starts getting really really hot and tingly

Liam had only got a chilli seed stuck in his teeth and was basically rubbing my clitorus with it!

i was like 'what the fuck' and he was very very sorry

then we are trying to roll me off the bed so that we can get me down the stairs

i spent the next 10 minutes sat in the bath whilst Liam poured milk over my lady bits to stop them from burning!

(mind you i did go into labour later that night... but i wouldnt reccomend it as a method! it was so sore!!)

has to be hot... wanna hear a funny story (i have told this story twice now on PF but it never gets old)

me, 9 months pregnant with Jasper, unable to move properly coz of my hips and we decide that we are going to do the 'curry and a shag' thing to get the baby out.

We make curry with proper chilli that we have grown ourselves from seed (i know dedicated hey)

Liam goes down on me to start things off

all feeling very nice (we have well placed cushions to stop me rolling about etc)

suddenly my lady garden starts feeling a bit... weird

then it starts getting really really hot and tingly

Liam had only got a chilli seed stuck in his teeth and was basically rubbing my clitorus with it!

i was like 'what the fuck' and he was very very sorry

then we are trying to roll me off the bed so that we can get me down the stairs

i spent the next 10 minutes sat in the bath whilst Liam poured milk over my lady bits to stop them from burning!

(mind you i did go into labour later that night... but i wouldnt reccomend it as a method! it was so sore!!)

Hahaha1!!! that is so funny I defo won't be doing that!! I think I'll try the sex thing but last time (it was on sat night when we were away for the weekend, and we hadn't in months before then) my tummy was touching his and he could feel the baby moving and it creeped him out, he said he felt a bit awkward and like he was a perve...I didn't even feel him moving, maybe I'm used to the little movements.

Hope I don't have to be induced, I heard that it brings on labour really quickly but sometimes too quickly and then there's more chance of tearing etc...I don't want him here immediately just some time closer to the due date...I hope not now anyway cause apparently he's lying back to back the little piggy x

it brings on labour really quickly and is Really painful. doggy style darling, best way to get em in there and the best way to get em out :)

i took evening primrose oil capsules and had a clary sage oil bath, Lil man came on his due date :)

oh god Bigbump ! sooo painful :( funny though and at least it worked . I was four days overdue and nothing worked the night I did go into labour I did have a nice hot lavender bath to relax and spent the evening sorting baby pictures , bouncing on my ball and had a nice mild korma

I think baby is going to come when ready :)
BigBump, that must to hurt :( your husband must felt so bad at the time!!!!

Same my mw asked me to call her if baby is not coming on due date :( but I would like to wait at least 5 days after the due date before to think to have a sweep..
My NHS scans were saying 9th October, private scan 13th October and my calculation as per my cycle on the 11th.. Then won't call the mw before the 13th :)

Last edited:
I went on the wii fit and did hula hoop and Isla arrived 12 hours later......by emergency section as she'd turned as a result of my exercise!!!

Whoops!
Babies unfortunately come when they are ready

Emma x

SEX is the only proper way as the spermies actually help the cervix prepare etc... the currys etc irritate ur bowels therefore trigger bh contractions.. which could lead to real contractions..

both times i had my girls i believe sex helped :)

Love the story bigbump! That did make me chuckle! I got chilli in my eye once and thought I was gonna go blind!! Can only imagine what it must have felt like down there!!

If things don't seem to be progressing after the next week or so think I will start the curries, sex etc to see if it may help!

hi there,the story of the chillies stuck in teeth had me in stitches!!! nipple twiddling is good for stimulating the uterus,i think its 15 mins each side but it does have to be done over several hours.it starts off like braxton hicks but they do get stronger.it really worked 4 me.u have to roll your nipple between your thumb and first finger.gud luck hun and hope u dont need inducing xxxxx

Love the story BigBump! So funny!! :)

Prettypenguin, I hope baby comes on time for you!

BigBump - funny but ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch :(

The other day I had really strong BH after having sex and I thought I was going into labour, so I popped along to the delivery suite and the MW there actually said its probably the most effective method of setting things off, especially in the later stage. The only position I find comfortable though is me on top, its nice but I kinda feel like I'm squashing my OH tho lol x

I've been told not to have sex anymore, til after baby of course.. Incase it kicks things off..

Don't worry bout squashing ur OH for a short while his child has been squashing your organs for nine months!! :lol: plus it means he doesn't have to do any of the work :lol:

I've been told not to have sex anymore, til after baby of course.. Incase it kicks things off..

Don't worry bout squashing ur OH for a short while his child has been squashing your organs for nine months!! :lol: plus it means he doesn't have to do any of the work :lol:

Haha I do feel like I'm squashing him but when my tumkys resting on him he gets all freaked out cause he can feel the baby moving :( ill have to just pin him down when he gets in from work lol :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back