feeling I'm getting close, shall I bother ordering tens ?

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
hi guys
ok, last two days I have had strong braxtons all day, mainly when I move.

Intermitment crampy pains and a very sore dull ache in lower back.

I have woken up each morning but nothing has progressed.

If I order a tens today next day delivery I won't get it until Monday,
would be a total waste of money...shall I bother?

I really don't know it I am going to go at the weekend but the pains are pretty bad as is the pelvic pressure, also I can't actually wee anymore the pressure on my bladder is so bad....

I am booked for a scan then a sweep on Monday then after that induction booked 3rd may.

What do you reckon to tens or not to tens ? x

I looked at buying or hiring and in the end am opting for hiring. I'm about to order it now. Half the price of buying and can keep it for 6 weeks. Dispatch today, so might be here tomorrow, if not Monday.

Why not go out and buy one in a local store today instead? I'm sure if you call around you'll find stores selling them. Mothercare, Boots etc. Somewhere will have one in stock.

hi Sherlock

I live in a wee village and don't have the car handy, I might be able to get OH to take me to boots tommorow though which is about 20miles away
I could just hire like you, the mama tens has free delivery.
oh, baby is moving from ROP to LOP all the time now, flips all the time
I think this is the reason for my strong braxtons.
x

Don't your hospital supply them possibly? To hire or use? Might be worth asking.

Ginnymarie said:
hi Sherlock

I live in a wee village and don't have the car handy, I might be able to get OH to take me to boots tommorow though which is about 20miles away
I could just hire like you, the mama tens has free delivery.
oh, baby is moving from ROP to LOP all the time now, flips all the time
I think this is the reason for my strong braxtons.
x

Give Boots a call first and see if they have one in stock? Or if your OH is in a city and can nip to Mothercare on his lunch break or after work I am sure he could find one in store to buy. Worth calling the nearest Mothercare to him and asking perhaps :)

I just ordered my hire one and it tells me delivery Monday. I've no sign of labour happening so am happy with that. They recommend to book them from 37 weeks on and keep for up to 6 weeks, just I was a bit slack and only decided to opt for one to use this past week.

If you def want one then i'd go out and buy one yourself - that way you don't have the worry of it not being there before labour. As Sherlock said - ring ahead and see what they've got :) I know boots are doing 1000 points with their maternity tens at the moment - it costs £45 but if you think that you'll be getting £10 to spend in boots as well it's not too bad at all!

xxxx

thanks guys

yes baby been, I might buy one as I get a bad back anyway and might use if after birth.

My hospital do have them but figured I would be at home for most of my labour when I needed it most, they don't hire them just let you use them once you are there.

maybe i am just being silly and should save my money
x

But if u do buy one remember to actually use it. i bought one from boots of £45 and then when i was in labour i forgot all about it and it never got used :doh: :rotfl:

I couldn't have gotten through my labour without mine! at the end it was on full blast and boost permanently lol. kept giving shocks to mw :rotfl:

I wonder how I could find out definitively if tens is any good. I did not use one with my son. But have half thought of it this time.

Has anyone had labour with it and without? Maybe i should ask in the mums area lol

I agree with Sherlock. would be better OH collecting it than waiting or one to be delivered.

fuffins1981 said:
I wonder how I could find out definitively if tens is any good. I did not use one with my son. But have half thought of it this time.
What makes you think they dont work Fuffins?
I don't think MW would recommend using them if they didn't work. My friend uses one for back ache, she gets it really bad, on the waiting list for an op and she swears by it.

fuffins1981 said:

Has anyone had labour with it and without? Maybe i should ask in the mums area lol

I agree with Sherlock. would be better OH collecting it than waiting or one to be delivered.

fuffins after seeing this thread I was wondering the exact same thing so have posted in the ask a mum section if you wanna have a looksee...I think I'll probably hire one tbh...

Hello

I have asked OH to pick me one up from a big boots on his way home from work as my back is killing me now....
no more braxtons though
x

fuffins1981 said:

Has anyone had labour with it and without? Maybe i should ask in the mums area lol.

Loads of reviews online for them. Also do a search of the forum and see old threads/posts on people using them. I've heard mostly positive about them and they are recommended by my MW and nursing staff at the hospital.

Used one with great success in my first long labour - second labour was only 45 minutes so didnt have time to think about using it - have got batteries sorted to use it this time if longer - would definitely recommend it

Was always saying that they were probably useless and that I wouldn't need one 8) but as the date comes closer I'm thinking that anything could help and so I've just changed my mind and decided to hire one from the Babycare website (the Elle TENS),,, my OH is going to laugh at me tonight when I tell him :rotfl:
With the fast delivery service I should receive it on Monday,,, hopefully I won't need it before :wink:

I've heard good things - i was told you need to use them as early as possible as that way it works better and for longer

I used one and it got me to 6-7cms of back to back labour before it stopped helping.
I think it was largely a confidence thing, it helped me have faith in my body for coping without pain relief.
the drumming on my back did get annoying in the end but I had horrendous back pain at that point.
i'd say worth a try :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back