• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do I ask... (long post!!)

SarahH

Reaction score
Right big problem here! As some of you will know from past posts... I am still having trouble getting child allownance and tax credits (basically they lost the 1st 2 forms inc. birth certificates so there was a huge thing about me needing to get 2 new copies of birth certificates in the 6 mths Arianna has been here) Well they have the stuff now and are in the "process" of loading in the details....

Here is the problem.... because of this money not coming in we have got a little short and my mortgage wasnt paid in November, I have since paid Dec and Jan but the payments I have gave wont allocate to the missed one so it looks like I am 3mths behind instead of just Jan missing (does that make sense?!?!)

Well.... hubby is away just now as he has gone back offshore for more money and while I was out this morning a debt counsellor came and left a note saying he'd be back...

I'm thinking of asking my mother-in-law for the money and saying we'll pay her back once the benefits have cleared but how do I ask her for money!! My dad is a sh*t and although he has plenty money he doesnt like me and will tell me where to go!

What do I do?

S. xx

i would just ask her right out dont beat around the bush i dont no her but im sure she will lend it to you most people would god if i had money i would
manda x

I hate having to ask for money, be direct with her not beat around the bush because it makes it more unpleasant, give her a call (is she local) and say youd like to ask her something could she pop round or you go to hers
when you meet up tell her you hate to ask and you wouldnt unless you were desperate but you need xxx amount of pounds to pay off that arrears untill your benefit comes through and your at a loss what to do, tell her that youll pay back in full as soon as your payment arrives which should be soon and your so sorry to put her in this position but you dont know what to do. that would be what i would do hun but Its a tricky situation borrowing money and i hate it having to ask especially my dad (he always says yes( but its just asking.

:hug: :hug: :hug: for you hun its not nice is it :hug: :hug: :hug:
hope it gets sorted

Have you spoken to your mortgage lender? They might just make your next few payments higher so you can spead the cost.

Failing that I'd just ask her, tell the truth and see what she says.

Alfiesmummy Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject:

(is she local)

Nope... she's in America.... makes it worse!!

S. xx

urchin Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you spoken to your mortgage lender? They might just make your next few payments higher so you can spead the cost.

I tried that and because I have left it 3mths (in their eyes anyways) they wont! Arrrgggg it's so annoying since I've been paying every month since.

S. xx

lol well she cant pop in for a brew can shecall her get it over with she can either say yes or no at the minute its a defineate no though because you havent yet asked

Gonna call her tonight because of the time difference..... I'm just so scared! I HATE asking people for money!

S. xx

If your OH is overseas getting money can he not wire you some?

He is just working on an oil rig so it'll just be when he gets paid when he'll have money - it goes into our joint account anyways!

S. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back