How did you finish with breastfeeding? A cry for help.

berit87

Reaction score
Aaah... At the moment I am doing 50% bottle and 50% breast. I was just wondering how did you girls finish with breastfeeding? Was it really painful as well due to breasts being full of milk? When did it get better? Help :cry: x

hey sweetie :hug: when i stopped breastfeeding my eldest i did it very quickly because he just wasn't able to suckle from the breast (he was still 2 and a half weeks prem when i stopped and wasn't thriving at all :( ) i made the decision to stop and then just stopped. I'd been expressing for weeks with very little stimulation from the baby to get my milk going so was drying up anyways....

With regards to the engorgement and pain... i found a warm shower was a life saver - i tried very hard not to touch my boobs at all and wore a firm bra for support - used cold savoy cabbage leaves when they got really hurty and then just allowed the milk to trickle out under the shower - this was over ten years ago and my memories are very very hazy hun but once i commited to bottle feeding there was no half way house for me.. get some paracetomol in.. i seem to remember enjoying a bottle of wine that night for the first time in months... i can't remember how long it took for it all to subside.. not long - it seemed to be really bad and awful and then it got better quite quickly :hug: hope you feel better soon hun x x x x

i have just stopped breastfeeding, so i know exactly how you feel.
I wanted to stop it quite quickly, but my boobs really hurt as they became engorged and also i wanted to leave it up to little one what feeds she wanted boob and which ones bottle as i was slightly scared.
it took about 1 week. i found i just swapped one feed per day to bottle from breast. since doing this i have had very little pain and if my boobs have become slightly engorged i get louisa to suck for 15 secs max on each nipple.

Fly said:
hey sweetie :hug: when i stopped breastfeeding my eldest i did it very quickly because he just wasn't able to suckle from the breast (he was still 2 and a half weeks prem when i stopped and wasn't thriving at all :( ) i made the decision to stop and then just stopped. I'd been expressing for weeks with very little stimulation from the baby to get my milk going so was drying up anyways....

With regards to the engorgement and pain... i found a warm shower was a life saver - i tried very hard not to touch my boobs at all and wore a firm bra for support - used cold savoy cabbage leaves when they got really hurty and then just allowed the milk to trickle out under the shower - this was over ten years ago and my memories are very very hazy hun but once i commited to bottle feeding there was no half way house for me.. get some paracetomol in.. i seem to remember enjoying a bottle of wine that night for the first time in months... i can't remember how long it took for it all to subside.. not long - it seemed to be really bad and awful and then it got better quite quickly :hug: hope you feel better soon hun x x x x

Thank you so much hun! You have already helped me a lot. I will give these things a try and see if it works. Brandon never gets enough milk from my boobs, he settles for a little while and then starts a fuss again so I had him living on my breasts, I was not happy at all. He has slept a lot better once I introduced the bottle. And I am a lot happier as well. Will see how it goes but hopefully will get rid of these big painful boobs soon :cry: x x x x x

katrina1985 said:
i have just stopped breastfeeding, so i know exactly how you feel.
I wanted to stop it quite quickly, but my boobs really hurt as they became engorged and also i wanted to leave it up to little one what feeds she wanted boob and which ones bottle as i was slightly scared.
it took about 1 week. i found i just swapped one feed per day to bottle from breast. since doing this i have had very little pain and if my boobs have become slightly engorged i get louisa to suck for 15 secs max on each nipple.

Hey hun. Thanks a million to you too! Right now I have given him bottle at night and breast during the day but he is still hungry and wants top ups really often. I'll give that 15 sec thingy a try as well and see how it works out. Thank you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back