How did you all tell your partners?

HarleySarah

Reaction score
Love hearing all different stories of how people tell their partners they're pregnant!

I got a large gift box and filled it with tissue paper, sweets, chocolate and crisps, then wrote in the lid 'EAT UP! I don't want to be the only one going to get a big belly!' Then put the pg tests in a pen gift box and got a blank page scrapbook, on to hehe first few pages wrote little it's like 'coming July 2017' 'you make me nauseous, or I could be cos I'm carrying your child, either way you still make me barf and it's half your fault' 😂😂 id seen similair ideas on pinterest and loved the idea.

Ours is unplanned and unexpected so I kind of wanted to make it a fun way to share the news. As soon as he got to the bottom of the box I begged him to open the chocolate buttons 🐷🐷

I wasn't exactly creative because although it was planned, I was in so much shock!! I handed my OH the pregnancy test while he closed his eyes, then when he opened them he saw the positive test! Not very creative but it made me smile when he hugged me like he did!

This time hubby told me test coz i kept feeling sick.

The first time i had a dream i was pregnant and took a test this was like at 5am i had to leave for work at 6am hubby had to leave at 8am. When it was positive and it was a huge glaring bfp i woke him up and shoved the test under his nose he looked at it looked at me then his nose began to bleed lol. I said we will talk later and then he went back to sleep... the phone call at 8 am was very interesting lol

Another time i wrote youre going to be a daddy again in dust on the tv so when the tv got turned off you could see it clearly but not when it was on lol.

The third time i had a plan but hubby noticed i was stressed so he brought me a brandy i just said "thanks but i cant have it yet... maybe in 9 months i can!"

Last edited:
I had already bought my OH and early Xmas present so I gave him that surprise first then gave him his second surprise, the positive pregnancy test! We were actively trying so wasn't too much of a surprise! xx

These are great! The first time I did the test at work on my lunch break so I just handed hubby the test when I got home, he thought it was a marker pen and was totally confused lol. The other times I told him I thought I might be pregnant and we did the tests together which was nice too xx

I had a negative test thr night before, but felt strange & knew something wasnt right so i got up at 5am and took another (clearblue digi) it was positive 1-2. I ran through to the bedroom and shouted at my OH, who obviously still being half asleep thought i was insane haha! I chucked it at him and it took him a while but when he finally caught on we had a wee cuddle and a boogie!
Loved hearing all your stories! Hope you ladies are all well :D

Our bfp was from our 7th round of treatment. I woke up early ish at 10dpo and had already had the faintest line on an ic the night before so was itching to pee on a frer. Peed on it and left it on the window sill to dry. Went back to bed. My husband woke up and went for a pee and he stands facing the window and was looking at it for ages. He wasn't convinced it was a line, so I did a digi and got the 1-2 and he was thrilled :) As we have had losses before I don't think either of us thought it was real until we had our scans.

Ah, these are great stories!

My ex and I had been trying for over a year and nothing happened, and I dreaded that 2 week wait every month. So after he had an affair and I left him I thought maybe I was infertile as has always had irregular periods.

Then I met my OH and I warned him I thought I might have problems. So when I got a bfp the first month after "benching the goalie" I was so shocked! It was before work and he was making breakfast so I just went downstairs holding it up in a state of shock! Was so emotional and lovely and he was like I told you you shouldn't worry!

Funny, as when I was with ex I used to think up all these ways I would reveal in a creative way, but this was just perfect and simple. Things feel like they should be :) maybe someone was looking out for me! xxx

Lovely stories ladies and congratulations to you all! ��

Selly, thats similair to me! My ex and I were 'not officially trying but not preventing it' for 3 years and nothing happened, started to think I might have a problem, then he had cheated and left me for her. They've now had a baby so i really started to think I had a problem.
Met my boyfriend and was open from the start, but now it's happened it just feels like it's meant to be �� especially as we've only been together 6 months xxx

Wow, you're all so creative. I just rang my OH at work and told him lol xx

The first 3 times I just showed OH the stick. This time we had visitors in the house when I tested and OH was not at home so I waited until he came home and they left which gave me more time for a cute plan :). I wrote on a T-shirt for DS "I'm a big brother" and the due date on the back. DS was running around with the T-shirt onm for ages and OH didnt notice, lol. In the end I had to point it out and it still took ages for the penny to drop.

Last edited:
My partner and I weren't 'trying' but I've been off the pill for 3 months so we were hoping!!

We were in Devon when I realised I was 4 days overdue on my period. We popped to Tesco she on the Wednesday evening and bought a pack of two tests. We read you're supposed to test in the morning so went to bed....woke up at 3am...lay there for a bit then gave up and went to pee on a stick!!

I didn't look at it...just took it back into the bedroom and my boyfriend had woken up and was sat there waiting for me. We looked at the same time and I burst into tears and he just cuddled me! We were very happy but so overwhelmed

I've got pregnant on the coil so gonna get confirmation from Drs on Monday then tell him gently!!

I sent my other half a rubbish photo of the test as he was away. He didn't answer me (no signal) so a few hours later I rang him to say hi. Told him to check his messages but he was "too busy" but I wouldn't get off the phone. When he saw it he screamed f##king hell and laughed. He was on a coach and said everyone looked at him. I couldn't get him off the phone then. He did say he was a bit upset how I told him as he wanted a big kiss and cuddle.

I handed him the test and then stood back and watched the panic set in :D it was not planned and we weren't expecting it. Mind you, he handled finding out that it was twins far better than I did! xx

Last edited:
Number 1 is more exciting than number 2.
He had just gone to the gym and left his phone at home. I had taken my HPT as was my usual morning routine at the time and it was of course positive. I couldn't wait for him to come home to tell him the news, so I looked up the number for the gym. I tried about 20 times to call them before I realized I was calling a fax number. When I eventually dialed the right number, I explained that I needed to speak to my boyfriend urgently. They looked up his picture by his name and went and got him for me. I asked my boyfriend to come home, because I needed to tell him something. He said he wouldn't come home until I told him what was up (in a "im picturing the worst" kinda way). So I asked him if he wanted a baby. He said yes, so I said ok. He started crying on the phone and came racing home. As soon as he opened the door, I ran down the stairs and threw myself into his arms and we cried and giggled for ages!

Awh miasmum that's so cute :p

I just called hubby, he was on his way to work and was like ... "IM PREGNANT" haha. Xx

The best one I did was with my third pregnancy. I found out in December a couple of weeks before Christmas. At that time of year we had lots of parcels arriving, so I stuck a digi in a box and made it look like Amazon had delivered a parcel. Hubby was teasing me as he thought it was a Christmas prezzie for me. He took it to the kitchen and was all like 'oooh I know what this is, someone's going to have to wait until Christmas to find out, I wonder wha.... Oh..... Well that wasn't what I was expecting!'

Made me chuckle!

XX

Some creative ones here! I like the t shirt saying "I'm a big brother" that's adorable! My OH probably wouldn't have noticed either. :lol:

With our baby my OH knew I was pregnant before I did & he told me to test & bought me one from Tesco. I tested in the morning, it said to wait like 30 seconds but it came up right away pregnant! 3+
OH and I didn't live together back then so I took a picture of the test & sent it to him :lol:
Then we went for a walk & had to get rid of the evidence (test) as we'd only been together 3 months and I thought my parents would go nuts! ( Kinda sad I didn't keep the test :( )
Parents were made up once I told them we were buying a house :lol: & almost 3 years on we're thinking of trying for number 2 :)

Aww that's great! Mine asked me before too if I should 'start peeing on a stick' ��
That's great to hear! We've only been together 6 months so a bit early too and don't live together yet. We was already planning to move in together after Christmas before we found out though. Gonna be fun packing and moving while about 3 months pregnant lol.

Love all these stories so much! Made me tear up..Although crying at anything at the moment, blinking hormones! :') xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back