how did u pick a nursery?

Wow some of these nurseties are well expensive. I went to see one the other day so this thread has been very useful. I really liked it and could see me taking Tomos there, it was £37 per day with and extra £4.50 a day for dropping him off at 7.30am which I'd need to do. So for a week it would be £207.50 which I thought was quite expensive.

I'm not really sure how it all with tax credits, and my work offer some voucher scheme but I know that I wouldn't end up paying the full amount. Also the nursery would only charge me for term time when Tomos would actually be there as some places seem to charge even for when they're not there, or at least charge a reduced rate.

I've looked into childminders and I'm still considering doing a split 2 days nursery, 3 days childminder or something. But I've spoken to a few whcih said they have no availability, and the one which I found which seemed to have an availability in september said 'well september is so far away now who knows what I'll have by then' - so she's off the list straight away and no wonder she has availabilty!![/QUOT

If ur household income is less than 50k u will get help with childcare as long as (if ur a couple u both work over 16hrs, or 16hrs if ur single, our joint incomes about 35k n we will get £21 per week help, so not even a day, the childcare voucher thing is a salery sacrefice n will benefit us better, cos i think u can save upto £200 per month n round here all nurseries n childminders prefer them cos then u can only pay them, ether a physical voucher ir a online one, wher as workin tax credits go direct into ur account n then u pay it over to the provider, or should do but plenty of people havnt n thsts now why the local childcare providers now have a pay in advance policy,

Good luck! Xxx

OMG!!!!!! ur nurseries are well expensive!!!!
ive sorted finleys nursery and i feel alot more settled now ive been to look around a few.
the 1st 1 we looked at was horrendous!! so dark and dreary and was filtly it was only £25 a day and it definiley showed.
the 2nd 1 we loved! they have a brilliant routine with them and i just generally ahd a nice feeling about the place. the good thing i like is that they talk the babies for walks in their pushchairs when its nice weather which i think is important to give him fresh air. beeing cooked up in a nursery allday isnt good.
the 1 we picked is £29.50 a day which included breakfast dinner and tea.
teh average price around here is between £26 and £32 a day.

Mel,
Im actually gobsmacked!!! The cheapest nurseries here are £25 a day, but only for 3 yrs +... and very VERY few and far between!
Yeah. any younger than... lets say 2 yrs, v minimum £55 a day!
x

wow £55 a day is really expensive but i spose it is in london you live isnt it. wages around here are rubbish. i think the most expensive nusery i saw around here was £35 a day.

Yeah london. Bloody place lol. Are wages v dif out of London? Like I duno, what would a customer services person get? Never really thought about that!
Xx

eerrm not 2 sure but for example i'm a dental nurse and i get £7.50 a hour but in lindon i could get £10/£11 a hour

Christ. Never really thought about all this stuff! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back