How did the arrival of your baby affected your relationship

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

I was wondering how much your relationship with partner/hubby changed since the arrival of your baby.
I feel a bit guilty because I do not have the energy to pay more attention to my partner at the moment and I do not want him to feel rejected. But when I tried to be affectionate with him, he did not seem interested, due to tiredness I suppose. So I kind of gave up and am focussing on the baby until i get more sorted and can pay my partner the attention he deserves.

Just a quick reply as busy with baby bits. Things have improved in all aspects as now we see different strenghts in each other and we both find each other sexier now. My husband must be blind though as I now have a huge spare tyre ;)

Just realised the grammatical mistake in my question lol!!!!! Oh well, i am French, that is my excuse ;)

My relationship with my husband is better than ever. He has been so helpful and understanding since the beginning. I fell in love all over again. We didn't have much time to be intimate the first couple of months, but everything is dandy now!

It's early days for us, but as it's our 2nd child I put "strengthened" because we have a strong bond and we are really enjoying being new parents again.

I've put strengthened as I think it's made us even more of a family and even soppier about each other as we see the other caring for him. However it is tough. I'm sleeping in a different room with Elliott as my DH suffers from SAD which is at its worst right now so basically he needs to sleep a regular amount at the right time and this is the only way we can do it. I catch up on sleep sometimes in the evening or mornings depending on how much work my DH has (he works from home) so sometimes we're like ships that pass in the night!

The hardest thing for us I think and what worries me is how utterly obsessed with babies I am. I don't think or talk about much else and I know I get very boring! I am trying really hard to listen to the news or the radio generally so that I have something else to talk about but it's very hard. I keep forgetting things that my DH has told me too or I forget to ask about something he's done which I never used to. It's resulted in a few pouts but when we've talked it over it's ok.

+++

Lol im the same Rosebay, conversation is just babies babies babies!! Before Jamie when i was out i used to look at someone and think "ooooh i like their shoes.....coat etc!!! " and now its like "oooooo look at that pram etc etc!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back