• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can you tell the difference

lemon_sponge

Reaction score
between a cot and a cot bed

we have been offered a really nice cot
was about £500 when bought new
but no one is sure whether it is a cot or a cot bed
i know a cot bed is bigger than a cot but ive also seen some large cots
:think:
we would much prefer a cot bed as then we wouldn't have to buy a separate bed later.

If Im honest, i havent seen a cot as big as a cotbed!?
Cots take a mattress 118 x 56 cm
Cot beds take a matress 140 x 70 cm

a cot bed is alot bigger plus fact you can take the sides and ends off and make it into a toddler bed

generally when we were looking round, cots have 2 solid ends, cotbeds have one end that has an obvious bit in the middle where it can come part i.e. when you change it into the cotbed.... i know this sounds weird but if you go to somewhere like babies r us or a baby shop you will soon notice the difference if youre looking out for it... my mum soon learnt the difference & shes not very observant!

I would just go by mattress size as lea m wrote- get the measurement of the mattress in it if there is one, or just the inside measurements ish :) take the measurements into mothercare or similar cot/cotbed bedding shop and see which size sheets would fit the size you've got.

Though that might be a long way round, it's the way I'd do it.. lol

Unless a budget one, cots tend to have a drop side and cot beds don't....I may be wrong...but this has been usual for what I have seen.

Cot beds are good. My son is nearly 6, really big and still fits nicely in his. Added another mattress though, so he is like princess and the pea :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back