39 weeks and head still not engaged

katie_lou

Reaction score
Had an appointment with the midwife today and the baby's head is still not engaged - is anyone else the same x

I'm not, but it's funny you should post this as I have just read in the nhs book that the head sometimes only engages during labour, esp if it's a first baby..the contractions push baby down...spooky!

There's a thread a bit lower down about engagement with a link to some information on it :) xxx

Hey chicky,

I've got my mw appointment tomorrow and am 39 weeks Monday so will let you know. Have the feeling I'm going to be in the same boat. I always thought I'd be fine with it all, but I am so ready now, I just want him to come! Mucho jealous of all these labour threads! I hope you're ok.

I posted the engagement thread last night and it did say about some babies not engaging until the last minute. Hopefully that's the case.

xxx

Hey chicky,

I've got my mw appointment tomorrow and am 39 weeks Monday so will let you know. Have the feeling I'm going to be in the same boat. I always thought I'd be fine with it all, but I am so ready now, I just want him to come! Mucho jealous of all these labour threads! I hope you're ok.

I posted the engagement thread last night and it did say about some babies not engaging until the last minute. Hopefully that's the case.

xxx

I just saw the thread you posted last night ... It just shows how much I know lol xx

I dont think it actually matters if the baby is engaged or not it can happen really quickly or in labour so don't stress as long as baby is head down and not breech you should be fine xx

I wouldn't worry hun. It means nothing to be honest. Babies can engage during labour.
My bubs was 3/5 engaged at my last appointment and I'm overdue,
So relax it will happen. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back