How can i ... ?

mishm

Reaction score
Well im going to start ttc again after having my mc in nov and was just wondering how do i know when i will be ovulating ? I know they say it will roughly be around day 14 of your cycle but is there anything else i should know ?
Should i ttc few days before day 14 or do i need to do it on the day im actually ovulating ? any help would be appreciated. :)

best time to do it is every other day from 5 days before you ovulate , hopefully hitting the days b4 as thats most important day .

do u know how long your cycle is ? as u ov 14 days b4 ur af, so the 14 day rule wll only work on a 28/29 day cycle . as most girls will tell u , weve all found out that most of us dont ov on day 14 lol only way to guarentee confirmation of ov is temping tho , but u may not want to start that , or using opk's as thse tell u ur about to ovulate usually within 48 hours .

hope that helps a lil bit and good luck !

hi hun, i would definately recommend charting your temps, i did and it only took two months whilst charting cos i had a really good idea of where i was in my cycle, where as before i was really casual about it all and i just wasnt happening.

good luck ttc :hug:

I'm glad you've decided to TTC again. It's not an easy decision after miscarriage but for me it was the best decision I ever made. :hug:

Same as Lyn here, I charted for a month and got Pg on month 2.

After 2 pervious miscarriages (both missed) I decided to get to know my cycles better and I charted my temps and bought some ovulation testers. They don't work for everyone but I found them really good to use.
I did my temps every morning and used an Ovulation stick from around day 9 of my cycle until I got a positive which meant I was about to ovulate (I found it best not to tell OH when the line appeared though in case it puts pressure on at the important time :lol: ).
Because my cycle varies between 28/33 days it helped pinpoint ovulation as depending on my cycle it wouldn't always be day 14.
Think my chart is still around somewhere if you want a nosey (Charm33) :lol:

But basically like the others have said, try every other day or every day if OH swimmers are up to it :wink: from around 5 days before Day 14.
And see what happens. Or alternatively just try every other day thoughout the whole month, it's hit and miss but as the Spermies stay alive for a few days inside you there should be some around to catch the egg if you ovulate without BDing.

Good Luck, but try not to get too obsessed with it all. It can be very adictive.

Cx

Thank's for the advice,im just going to maybe try around day 14 and few days before like you said as im just going to take my time and try not to make it such a mission and if nothing in couple of month's then i will look into my temp's and stuff. im really nervous this time around though with having the m/c it was also a missed mc like you had charm and im just sooo worried it will happen again :( i know i should be thinking positive about it and i am but i just hope and pray it wont happen again.
So i will see what happen's this month and try harder next time if it doesnt work this time around im only on day 6 of my cycle now so got plenty time to try : :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back