How can I help him?

kellie80

Reaction score
Nathan hasn't had a poo now for 4 days. He usually has one every other day but today is the 4th day. He doesn't seem to be in pain or anything but I was wondering if theres anything i can do to help him. My mum suggested putting some sugar in his bottle but not to sure I wanna do that.

HV Jo told me pure orange diluted 1 part to 6 water hun

Minime said:
HV Jo told me pure orange diluted 1 part to 6 water hun
We were told the same, also to try plain water or a tiny amount of sugar in the water too.
The plain water did the trick for Brody but now it doesn't seem to be working anymore :roll: we are also on day 4 with no poo again :wall:
The doctor said to make an appointment to go see her if he goes over 5 days so we will be taking him soon if he doesn't go!
Also I was told to try putting a small amount of olive oil onto a cotton bud and massage around(not IN!) the bum hole while holding his legs in the air but I'm a bit reluctant to try this to be honest he's too much of a wriggler and don't wanna risk it!
Hope he poos soon hun I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :pray:

I got the impression it can be quite normal for breastfed babies to go days without doing a poo. One of the ladies from the post-natal group used to find that. Ellie used to go once a day, but I am sure it is not unusual for them to go for days. I was told it was because there is very little wasted with breast milk. Now she is on solids and we have had days where she does 7/8 in 24hrs, I really miss those days when we used to just get 1 in 24hrs.

my mum used to put a small bit of soap up our bums to help us poo.
:think: :shakehead:
NO way i would be doing that with alice though!!

I hope both bubbas poop soon!

He eventully went last night after a lot of crying. It really hurt him and cut his bum. I tried water, orange juice in water, I even tried warming it for him but he wouldn't touch it. I'm gonna have to get something in ready that he will take cos this is getting a regular thing since I put him on cow and gate plus.

poor little guy.

keep trying with the extra liquid.... he may end up taking it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back