How are you dealing with tantrums?

Doodles

Reaction score
Ok so Doodles was so naughty yesterday that I had to struggle with him in town & was convinced I'd lost TattyBear. Thankfully I've not had any bleeding & my symptoms are still going strong, so I'm :pray: I just pulled a muscle. We ended up telling him about the baby, hoping it would get him to calm down as he's been saying he wants a little brother. But it only worked for 10mins :wall2:

So how are you dealing with tantrums & bad behaviour? I'm a firm believer of the naughty step/penalty spot, but I cant carry/march him over to the step for fear of losing TattyBear & taking away toys/withdrawing treats etc doesnt seem to work, can't pick him up & take him to our room as, again, worried it would lead to losing TattyBear x

i'm the same with my LO hun, i've been resorting to telling her that i am going to ignore her until she starts behaving and bribing her, luckily atm if she misbehaves as soon as i get my mobile out and tell her i'm ringing santa (yep still working lol) she has a little cry and tells me not to, paddies a little longer then quietens down, i usually put her in her room to calm down but like you dont wanna be lifting her to do this as i dont wanna cause any damage etc especially as she is 5 and pretty heavy now! i would have terrible 2's back any day lol! xx

lol I've been threatening to get SuperNanny :blush: I love that woman :rofl:

I had to pin him to the bench in Wilkinson for time out, took 4 minutes of him screaming, headbutting me & strangers glaring at me, but by the end of that 4mins he calmed down, gave me a kiss & a hug, walked over to my mum & nan & apologised then took my bag to help me :dance:my mother was amazed lol but within 10minutes he was back to having a cron :shakehead:

:rofl: that woman is a godsend, sometimes i think i could do with her help but then when i see some of the kids she deals with i realize that mines not that bad after all :lol:

Sounds like pinning him to the bench did the trick for a short while, its just embarrassing when they kick off in front of the general public, they look at you as if they have never seen a child tantrum before dont they lol!

xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back