House falling down around my ears!!

KirstyL

Reaction score
Well ok, not literally, but it feels like it, haha!!

I have a leak in my bathroom, and it's a right pain, have put towels down, and these are soaked in a matter of minutes, I've put bowls down and these fill up and then overflow onto the floor, I've turned off the water supply (cold) and this still hasn't stopped it :(

Rang the Housing Association on Monday and they can't send anyone out until Friday to look at it, although said if the plumber can't find a leak (because the water is off and it's still leaking) they'll have to send a surveyor :( I'm getting through 3/4 massive bath sheets a day trying to absorb it, the bathroom smells of damp, I've got no cold water, so no shower, no washing machine, in the kitchen (directly below), the walls are yellow now (should be white!), where the water has run down them, I've turned off the downstairs lights, because it's dripping into the kitchen light :( The cupboards underneath the leak have expanded where the water got into them, the coving has come away from the wall, and there's a crack in the ceiling, which is obviously where water is pooling up......I'm glad I'm at work all day, cause if the ceiling gives way, I don't want to be there when it does!!

I have told the HA that if they don't come sooner rather than later, they'll be fixing a lot more than a leak in the bathroom :). It's just a pain, cause can't do any washing, not ideal when I've used all my towels, and can't have a shower, so have to go to mums, its great fun with a 10 year old. Just fed up cause house is smelly cause of damp and i'm paranoid some water is gonna get into the electrics and cause massive damage. Not a happy bunny :(

Sorry for the moan! Seems to be all I do these days.
xx

You poor thing :( Ypu have every right to moan :hug:

I hope the HA gets their finger out and sorts it soon for you xx

Awww god! Hope things get sorted out xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members