Hospital Rules...

Leana

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I know it early but I was reading my hospital rules yesterday for after the baby is born when I noticed something I wondered if you might be able to clear up?

It states children under 12 are not allowed to visit whilst I am in hospital unless they are mine or direct family. Now we don't have any children but I have a 2 year old niece and I wondered if she counts as direct family?

Any ideas?

I think it would be a shame if she can't come and see her cousin and Auntie/Uncle in hospital.... I know I won't be in there long (hopefully) but it would make it easier all round for her parents too!

Leana
20 + 3

I'd tell them to come along and if anyone queries it (unlikely I imagine) just say they are your partners from a previous relationship or something - in other words lie. :lol:

I personally would could my nieces and nephews direct family, maybe they mean please don't bring your 2nd cousin twice removed kids or something. Providing they are well behaved I wouldn't have thought they'd have a problem. :hug:

I know our hospital only allows your own children, I know this doesn't apply in your case but the last time I had a baby, which was in a different hospital, one of the girls in our room had a constant stream of people with kids that were running riot (there were about 5 of them)and it really wasn't what I needed after just giving birth.
That may be one of the reasons why but i'm sure they will turn a blind eye if it's only 1 child. Like Mama 2 Be said just lie!!! :lol:

my niece came to see me and her cousins, both times.

as has been said, as long as they behave its fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back