• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hospital bag..

lozzi

Reaction score
what do i need for my hospital bag...?

ive been doing loadsa lists of stuff for my daughter.. but it suddenly occured to me ill need to have a list of stuff for my hospital bag haha typical eh ;)

The only things i have thougth of are...

a nighty
change of underwear
sanitary towels
tens machine
deoderant
toothpaste/brush/mouthwash
soap
hairbrush
outfit to leave hospital in
dressing gown

god help me eh...

flannel, towel, something to read, snacks??

i took my electronic sudoku lmao. was handy for throwin across the room when id had enough of the conractions lmao!! :rotfl:

ur list looks fine to me lozzi, tbh ul b so wrapped up with gettin Ellouise out to meet her that u wont care that uv forgotten the kitchen sink!!

so long as i dont have any problems... do you have any idea how long theyll hold me hostage.. thanks btw for ur help xx

hi hun - cant believe you are so far along already - its flown by!

def flannel as mummykay said - i was glad i took two cos they used one to clean me up straight after and i used the other for washing up face etc the next day - wouldnt have wanted to use the other one :? and i used one in labour for brow mopping! oh also some little travel bottles of shower gel/ shampoo etc.

lots of cheap knickers or disposable ones (whichever you use make sure they arent too tight!)

something to give birth in? i had two nighties (and a pair of pjs i left at home that someone could bring in if i stayed longer - actuall its handy to have a bag of extra stuff at home in case otherwise you'll be trying to expain where things are to someone).

nursing bras? breast pads?

cant think of anything else right now!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How about some clothes for baby? :lol:

Might be a bit chilly otherwise!

lol she has done Ellouise's bag already Tattooed Lady, she has just got round to sortin herself out!!

Lozzi - I honestly couldnt tell you how long ul b kept in hospital for after the birth, it could b a matter of hours after uv popped or like me, days?

Get enough stuff sorted for 2days, if ur in for longer which I hope u arent then Im sure ur mum or OH can bring u some clothes in?

Hope this helps xx

i was in for one nite but was ment to be coming home after 6 hours but was kept in 4 the nite as B had low BP
take loads of extra stuff like vest etc for Ellouise as mum had to bring extra stuff up for B

Slippers are usefull in hospital, but not nesisary if your only going to be in for a few hours, or you could just use socks with the grippy bits on the bottom, for wandering coridors and oing ot the loo!

Also you said sanitary towels, I would recomend maternety pads as you will need something very absorbent, as the bleeding after birth is very heavy.

Something to entertain yourself in hospital to get you through the contractions, I took loads of magazines. And Munchie food, labour wards cant prepare a lot other than toast, and if your labour is long you may want something to eat.

Also go for a front opening nighty, not just for BF, but if you want the bub delievered straight to your chest or tum. And o for two nighties, cause the one you labour in will be a bit messy!

And you may want a bath after the birth, so all washing stuff, and hair ties so you dont have sweaty locks in your face!

Cat&Noah said:
Something to entertain yourself in hospital to get you through the contractions, I took loads of magazines. And Munchie food, labour wards cant prepare a lot other than toast, and if your labour is long you may want something to eat.

Another reason I can give OH to get me the Nintendo DS I want for my birthday then hey lol

Since were trying to cut back he wants a valid reason why I want one and Ive already come up with ''well firstly when were on holiday and you lot are hammered by midnight and want to carry on, im not going to want to be sat in the appt bored when I go home so you will either have to come back to appt with me when I wish, wether it 10pm or 1am to entertain me, or you can stay out getting hammered till all hours and ill be content sitting there on my own playing on the DS, this also applies to a Sat night when we get back home'' that was pretty convincing, now I can add ''plus if im in a 30 hour labour you will have to talk to me the WHOLE time with no let up and no sleep, if you get me a DS I can play on that and you can get a kip''

I can feel him legging it to Argos already :rotfl:

jennywren said:
Cat&Noah said:

Another reason I can give OH to get me the Nintendo DS I want for my birthday then hey lol

Since were trying to cut back he wants a valid reason why I want one and Ive already come up with ''well firstly when were on holiday and you lot are hammered by midnight and want to carry on, im not going to want to be sat in the appt bored when I go home so you will either have to come back to appt with me when I wish, wether it 10pm or 1am to entertain me, or you can stay out getting hammered till all hours and ill be content sitting there on my own playing on the DS, this also applies to a Sat night when we get back home'' that was pretty convincing, now I can add ''plus if im in a 30 hour labour you will have to talk to me the WHOLE time with no let up and no sleep, if you get me a DS I can play on that and you can get a kip''

I can feel him legging it to Argos already :rotfl:

The Nintendo DS's are awesome hun! OH and I bought one each last weekend, im sure OH will be taking his in to pass by anytime im not ripping his fingers off in pain :rotfl:

JaidyBaby said:
The Nintendo DS's are awesome hun! OH and I bought one each last weekend, im sure OH will be taking his in to pass by anytime im not ripping his fingers off in pain :rotfl:

Yeh OH, little sis and niece have them and there always sulking casue I get on mario Kart and wont give them back ha ha! I want all the old school cames for it, Mario Kart, Mario World, Sonic & Tetris and Ill be happy. I want one of the Lite ones as there only £99 in Argos and the games go for about a tenner second hand on ebay - bargin!

Sorry for taking it off topic, but it something you should deffo have in your hospital bag, so its kinda on topic :rotfl:

I got a ds yesterday. The lite pink one :D it's amazing :cheer: only got the sims 2 for it so far but it's great fun!

Sorry lozzi :D I would deffo take maternity pads for the first day or two of bleeding as it can be well heavy!

Straws. I have packed some. Apparently if you are laid on your back, and want to drink, they are dead handy

And socks, your feet get cold in labou I ve heard, coz blood is elsewhere. And take two pairs incase your waters go when you are stood up and the first pair get wet!!

Ive got a pack of them face wipes, to keep me fresh and cool

And lucozade for us both, freeze them before, and they will defrost and remain chilled in hozzie xxx

because i ended up getting discharged after a few hours i didnt need hardly anything from my bag..but obviuosly you never know how long you will be in there for.
i took with me:

blue (or whatever colour) maternity notes
top for giving birth in (came off anyway-too hot)
maternity pads
cheap primark knickers (more comfy than disposables)
clean pyjamas for after with buttons for BFing (again..love you primark)
hairbrush
deoderant etc (soap & shampoo for after)
facewipes
vaseline/lipbalm (dry lips a big no no)
some drinks and snacks in case you go to the ward at night after dinner..OH or birthing partner will no doubt eat these when bored anyway! lol
going home clothes- but wore my pyjamas anyway

then just had bubbas nappies and clothes although none of the clothes fitted as i wasnt expecting an 8lb 10 baby.

I took...

2 nighties,
Thin dressing gown,
socks,
big knickers,
pads (kotex night time pads are best, the black packaging),
Toothbrush,
Toothpaste,
Mouthwash,

Shampoo & Conditioner
Shower gel
Slippers,
Hair bands,

2 dark coloured towells for a bath
Flannel (good for labour)

I forgot to take a hairbrush lol and I had to have a bed bath because of my epidurial so I never got to have a propper bath so I diddnt use the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or bath towells.

The ones in bold are what I actually used...

Baby's bag...

10 Nappies
Packet of wipes
Cotton wool
Nappy Bags
Nappy cream
3 vests, 3 sleepsuits (i took 3 of these because babies are very mucousy after birth and chuck up alot) , socks, scratch mitts, 2 hats, coat, coming home clothes, a few bibs...and thats about it really.

I ended up just bringing her home in a vest, babygrow, coat, hat, and scratch mitts with a blanket...oh yeah you will need a blanket too for bringing baby home in...I used the going home clothes for the hospital photo's though. I used everything I packed in my baby bag.

The hospital should give you a brand new bottle of cord powder thats usually stored under the cot which you use once a day for 3 days...

Oooo look at me all organised, I wouldn't have been able come up with half of this stuff a week ago lol :cheer: :hug:

eta: you leave hospital with loads more stuff than u took, u should get 2 bounty packs while your there and they have got loads of stuff in them.

well this is my list (I am due in 15 days and its my first baby, I have also given the OH a copy just in case, and explained where some thing are!) if anyone can think of anything else please can they add to the list?

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back