Hospital Bag

Sandie

Reaction score
How far on were you when you packed your hospital bag & what did you guys pack?

Ermmmmmm.......mines nearly packed now!

I actually have 3 bags packed..........as I dont have one big enough for everything!

Bag 1 (my stuff)
Maternity pads x 36 (enough for 3 days)
Breast pads
Big knickers and 3 pairs disposable knickers
2 x feeding bras
Nightie
Dressing Gown
PJ's
Slippers
Camera
Make-up
Hair bands
Hair Brush
Rescue remedy
Toiletries - nipple cream, shampoo, etc
Book (not that I will be needing one).
Loose Change
Mobile phone
(I would also have packed a tens machine, a fan and some snacks if I was having a normal birth).

Bag 2 (LO's things).
Sleepsuits
vests
Cardigan
Nappies
Bibs
Comforter

Bag 3

Clothes for me to go home in
Clothes for LO to go home in - inc coat, glove, hat
Baby Blanket

Hope that helps......... :D

Im sure I have missed lots of things, but my DH will just have to track it down and bring it in for me!

My bag is still in the process of being packed! lol! should really finish it off!

I've packed much the same as Ellie, 2 bags, 1 for labour/after and one for coming home....

Oh, a tip, if you're anything like me and cant pack anything without checking it a million times...i've put a tick list on top of the bag and tick it off as it goes in so I definitely know its there! Cant see myself wanting to take everything out and re pack when I'm in labour!!

lisaspoon said:
My bag is still in the process of being packed! lol! should really finish it off!

I've packed much the same as Ellie, 2 bags, 1 for labour/after and one for coming home....

Oh, a tip, if you're anything like me and cant pack anything without checking it a million times...i've put a tick list on top of the bag and tick it off as it goes in so I definitely know its there! Cant see myself wanting to take everything out and re pack when I'm in labour!!

You are just far too organised :D

yeah i've got the same in mine plus the snacks

i've also got flannels/sponge for being able to clean my bits if i need stitches i imagine it'll be sensitive to clean when having a shower. my mum told me to pack them ha ha.

Ive got a list from the babyworld website of reccomended stuff to take with you. I havent started packing mine (really need to) but so far have got maternity pads, breast pads, disposable and big knickers (couldnt decide if disposable would feel nice), drinks, snacks, baby's coming home outfit apart from a hat and need to decide which blanket Im taking with me, Ive got a couple of sleepsuits and vests, baby nappies, and not sure what else.
Really need to finish getting orgnanised, will probably help once Ive reconnected my printer and print out the list so I can keep it in my bag

EllieBelle said:
lisaspoon said:

You are just far too organised :D

:lol: sometimes I can be! I'm the kinda person that checks their bag several times to see if the passport is still there on the way to the airport :lol:

Psst ladies

Bendy straws - always handy to include ;)

And check if your hossie provides towels. Many don't so you'll need to take your own (make it a dark one for obvious reasons).

O and snacks for you and OH. Often a piece of flapjack or some such can really help. I had dinner in the evening (homebirth) and was in labour, established, but made an effort to eat. MW said it was good to get food inside me as once in full throes I'd not feel like it but it would give me energy to keep going. And to nibble on snacks after that.

JayK2387 said:
How many nappys are you packing for baby? xx

i've packed about 8 not sure if thats too many or not enough. i live around the corner from the hospital so if its not enough someone can get me more. i've left stuff on the side and informed my OH thats extras that i might need if i stay in longer than planned that way he doesn't have to go searching for things.

I have packed one of the small 24 packs of pampers!!

*notes*

Pack towel too......forgot all about that one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back