• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hospital Appointment - another waste of time :(

Tillytots

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for sounding down but I am...Very :(

Well I went to my appointment at hospital. I didnt go yesterday because there was no-one to scan. So I get there today and the lady tells me she has no scanning experience so wasnt scanned anyway :wall: Baby isnt breech now, he is oblique which isnt as bad but not great. He is going to kep floating about because of the water. I kicked off a bit as I am fed up with being told so many different things by different people and especially seeing as everyone keeps mentioning cord prolapse but I havent been seen by a doctor or consultant. Everyone keeps saying "you do know what to do if that happens dont you?" Im like yes but what the fuck good will that do me, Im half an hour away from a hospital which means baby would be a gonner anyway or brain damaged for sure :cry: Arghhhhhh! If they are so concerned about it then why not prevent it rather than just keep waiting every week to see if something happens or not. Heads will rolll if anything hapens to my baby :evil:

To cut a long story short I am being refered to a consultant now who will hopefully give me some answers. I have to wait until next week but I think its safe to say baby wont be comming anytime soon floating about like he is. I am thinking about changing hospitals as the one I am currently loking at going to is absolutely shite and skanky.

:hug: :hug: aww hun, sounds pretty shit tbh!!
and i'm not really sure why they sent you up there if they coudlnt scan you :roll: It's good you may finally get someone to spot going on about hwat might happen and actually do something about it.

Do they not realise that negativity is the last thing we need?

aww hun im not sure what to say
i would defo look into changing hospitals though
:hug: :hug:
manda xx

:hug: sorry to hear that Tilly.

I'd try and get a 2nd opinion ASAP x

:hug: :hug: :hug: hopefully a consultant will be able to give you more answers. It was stupid to send you for an appointment if they couldn't scan you anyway. If it's that dangerous maybe it would be better if you had a planned induction. I'm afraid it's not something I know anything about but it sounds a bit scary, I don't blame you for wanting to change hospitals :hug: :hug:

:hug: I agree with the other girls. Kick up a stink and get a second opinion if you can. Its not fair to leave you in the dark.

Trust your instincts everytime and if you want to change hospitals then do so and if they wont then go to another hospital anyway when you go into labour and explain why your there, they cant turn you away if your in labour lol!

Not surprised you're peed off honey - that is absolutely disgraceful.

Sounds to me like there's a whole lot of discussion going on and very little being done to reassure you - which presumably is the purpose of the exercise?!

Where is your second nearest hospital? Would it be far for you to travel?

I really feel for you at the moment not knowing how things stand; the lack of scan is terrible.

When do you see the consultant? :hug:

I havent got an appointment for the consultant yet but will be earliest next week. I presume they will write to me, she kinda rushed off and didnt tell me.

It because of the excess liquor that is causing his malpositioning. The midwife I saw today said "well you arent the worst case Ive ever seen" Not really reassuring. They want to adopt the wait and see what happens attitude but Im supposed to spend the next few weeks worried about what may or may not happen instead of loooking forward to meeting my baby. Because of the excess fluid they said my uterus is under alot of strain so pre-term labour is a possibility, therefore cord prolapse is a risk due to the huge gush of fluid there will be, and also because it is in babies with oblique presentation. I mean he could turn but where he has so much fluid to keep moving he will do just that. There isnt any point in getting on my birthing ball as he could just kep floating all over the place.

I just hate the waiting around, Id feel alot better if i know NOW instead of sitting here thinking of the 'what if's' which Im tryiing not to do but its very hard and making me not sleep.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
It's awful that they are mucking you about like this!

Awwwww-I don't know what to say hun.
I'm not surprised you are upset and cross. :evil: :cry:
To these people it's something they deal with everyday and of course they will have seen worse, but to you it's scary and it means everything...it's about your baby!!! How rude to try to pass you over to another person and not deal with it properly-I'd definately look into changing hospitals if the next one isn't too far away.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thats terrible that they keep messing you around hopefully you wont be waiting for that appointment too long and you can get some answers about where you go from here.

Like MM said maybe a planned induction would be better :think: if they are worried about the cord. I hope you get some positive advice soon i feel for you being left to worry like this.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwww Sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry things are crap atm with things up in the air.

Glad they are sorting a consultant out to see you. Keep chasing them if you don't hear by Monday. Phone their sorry asses and don't let them hang up till you have a date and time.

And yup, with you totally if you are not happy with the hospital. You are entitled to change. What other ones are in your area? Anything decent that comes up well in reviews etc? Call your MW and see how you go about changing. I opted outside of my county even for my hospital and it wasn't a problem. You are allowed a choice in this day and age so go for it.

Your nearly term now sounds like it would be better if they did the whole controlled labour thing instead of making you wait and worry? I think i'd just be sat on the phone making sure i saw the consultant asap. I feel for you Tilly it seems wrong what they doing to you and giving you no reassurance at all :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

that is shocking sarah :hug:

you've been so positive about things as well :( defo kick up a fuss to be seen by the consultant asap.

also, the m/w you usually see, could you possibly contact her and let her know the situation and get some advice on what to do next?

xxxx

I reckon there probably waiting til your full term before doing anything. I bet when you see the consultant next week they'll book you in for an induction or c-section for next week.

hello
I agree with the girls, second opinion, maybe change hospitals

what a pain and means you will be more worried until you see consultant

have a big hug x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

there was me logging on hoping you had been given some good answers today :( - hope things improve - write a list now of the things you want to ask the consultant so your mind doesnt go blank and dont give up til you get some decent answers from him/her

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back