Horrible night last night

bagpuss

Reaction score
I have had the most awful night,and it has only just really hit me.....I was quite restless last night as my Niece and Nephew,Lauren and Morgan,have gone to America with their other Nan and Grandad,so I was waiting for my sister to phone to say they had landed okay at aroud 1.30 a.m.Once that was done,I tried to get a bit of shut eye. :sleep: At about 3 am I was woken up with the sound of the alarm on the baby monitor going off,but then it stopped. :shock: I ran into Finn's room managed to open the door and not run through it,and the monitor in his room was flashing red - I just put the light on and pushed him - quite rough too.he just jumped,then the flashing red light turned to the normal green.He then woke for a feed.
It has only occured to me this morning that he must have stopped breathing to set the alarm off-I am a blubbering mess at the moment,and Finn continues to laugh at me!
Has this happened to anyone else - it is an Angel care monitor with the sensor pad - I don't think I want to sleep again :(

Hiya

How scary, hope you've managed to calm down!
Sami has this problem with Damien, she'll be able to advise you.

I cant say from experience but im sure there was a recent post like this and all that had happened was that the baby had rolled out of the sensors reach for a minute then back.
Im sure the person who it happened to will post later, try not to worry.

Bagpuss the same happened to me the other day, I too posted in this section. The alarm went off twice very close together and after rushing ion to find Jacob fast asleep breathing happily we looked underneath the mattress and the sensor had moved so he wasn't lying totally on it - could this be the same for you? It is so scary though, I spent the next hour lying watching the green light flash for reassurance.

Xxx

:) Thanks for all the replies - I have calmed down now,especially after reading about your incident Lindsay - I never considered that he may have moved from the sensor,however I did think that it picked up movement anywhere in the cot - much relieved now though!!!

:) Forgot to ask,if you are reading this Sami,what happened to you - was it similar,and what was the problem???? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back