Horrible feelings are back.......

lulu

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I used to get severe feelings of anxiety about 'death' and worried about it so much I felt sick and it began to take over my life.

I havent experienced these thoughts for a little while but tonight they came back.

I have started thinking about it, worrying about it and getting that horrible butterfly sick feeling.

Does anybody else worry this much about this or anything else? It literally petrifies me!!!

Im wondering if its the depression rearing its ugly head again. Its horrible
:( :cry:

Hi,

I don't think it is really surprising with the prospect of birth just around the corner, particularly if you've done it before !!! I got all panicky in the last few weeks of my 2nd pregnancy about this (had a bad experience first time around) and I remember being really upset and thinking that maybe I would never see my little girl again when I left for hospital in labour. I must say, the thoughts have crossed my mind again (there were two ladies who died shortly after giving birth at Winchester around Christmas due to a common infection gone wrong - first in many years apparently but it still scared me!!!)

It could be depression but I really think it's more likely to be the thought of what is ahead - it really is some physical experience (really sorry to say this 1st timers, but probably one of the most traumatic things your body will ever go through) and I do know of other women who have experienced similar emotions - I think it's quite natural. Fortunately, with all the medical expertise we have here, death related to childbirth is extremely rare!

It sounds like you're having mild panic attacks. I used to get the same feelings over abandonment. What you feel seems so real at the time but so silly later when you think about it. It's not silly at all and I think it's natural to feel anxiety at this time, especially if you've had feelings like this before. If you're really worried, talk to your midwife, your other half or someone else you trust but please talk to someone. Don't keep this to yourself :hug:

awww unny ive had a few dreams about James or one of my family dying and it shook me up at the time

But if the feeling you have is really getting you donwn then id defenatly mention it to your docs you dont want to much stress

Pm me im back now and around if you want a chat :hug:
sarah xx

I used to have the same feelings. I think Especially when my son was 6 months and I eventually was brave enough to move from my moms and get a flat...

I was worried about dying. Scared to death that I might die and Tyler would not have me. Then I was scared that he or anyone I live may doe before me, so I started praing I will die before anyone, as I couldn't imagine life without them. It all got very depressive and manic.

I simply think it is when big changes are to occur, these things can rear their ugly head. Like others have said, if it continues, got to talk ro your MW or doctor.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Hi Lulu, :wave:

I’m so glad you posted this topic as I’ve been experiencing exactly the same anxiety attacks myself.

I’ve always suffered with anxiety which has on a couple of occasions led to depression. I was seeing a counsellor about my depression and anxiety before I became pregnant and it was very useful. Although I’m having these feelings now in my later pregnancy, due to the counselling I can now understand what these feelings are whereas before I didn’t know what was making me feel this way.. which then caused a bout of depression as I didn’t understand what was wrong with me. I now see these feelings for what they are which are unrealistic and unfounded fears, for me being able to step back away from the feelings really helps me to put them into perspective and also stop them from snowballing into depression by just accepting them for what they are which helps to break the cycle of worry – anxiety – depression.

I think some people are able to externalise their anxieties and fears and acknowledge them in a conscious way, I also think there are others (like me) that don’t do this and our fears remain in our subconscious, I think this is then what causes the anxiety attacks.. ie., I feel worried scared of something but I don’t know what.. I get this one when there are changes in my life, and having a baby is a massive change! I also have the ”is baby going to be alright?” “is hubby going to end up in a pile-up on the motorway” “am I going to make it through labour” and a million others even more morbid than these! These I think are natural fears but with anxiety they become blown out of proportion. I was recommended a good book by my counsellor which is “cognitive behavioural therapy for dummies” it’s easy to read, light hearted and really useful, it helps to retrain the flawed thought processes that you go through when you have anxiety and depression.

This is just my own experience and like everyone else has said I would definitely chat with your m/w and ask at your local surgery if they have a counsellor you could have a chat to. Definitely do it as these flawed ways of thinking become a habit that’s not healthy and becomes very hard to break.

And don’t beat yourself up, you’re not alone with these feelings! :hug:

Charlie X

lulu said:
Hi guys.

I used to get severe feelings of anxiety about 'death' and worried about it so much I felt sick and it began to take over my life.

I havent experienced these thoughts for a little while but tonight they came back.

I have started thinking about it, worrying about it and getting that horrible butterfly sick feeling.

Does anybody else worry this much about this or anything else? It literally petrifies me!!!

Im wondering if its the depression rearing its ugly head again. Its horrible
:( :cry:

I have bouts of exactly the same anxiety. Scared of dying, my kids dying, my OH dying. I feel so desperate sometimes it's like hanging off the edge of a building by my fingertips iykwim. I never realised it was panic attcks till now :think:

I'd have a word with your M/W about it hun and see what she says :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back