Horrible dull skin

gems

Reaction score
Any1 else got really horrible dry dull skin? The skin on my face is horrible its dull and dry but also has spots as well. In places my skin is so dry its gone all flakey. Any1 got any suggestions on what I can try to sort it out? xxxxx

No suggestions but just to reassure you mine is exactly the same

Mines the same hun, even Nivea isn't helping :(

I use powder foundation too, so makes it look worse :(

Sorry you both have this too but its nice to know I'm not the only 1. I have tried loads of different creams but nothing is helping either. I usually need to use a powder foundation too but my skin is so dry I feel like its making my skin look really old and haggard :( xxxxxx

Plenty of water.. get some intensive moisturiser.. like Nivea Soft.. it works wonders for me. Or cocoa butter, body butter.. anything that isn't too watery.

Have you tried gently exfoliating? It might help.. but be careful.. you don't want to aggravate it more.

xxx

I exfoliate fairly regularly and I am drinking plenty of water so I don't think thats the problem. i haven't tried cocoa butter or nivea soft(tried the regular nivea) will pick some up tomorrow. Thanks SoonToBeMrs xxxxx

I have terrible dry skin, got so bad beneath my eyes i went to doc and now use dipro-base. You can get it over the counter and is only a couple of quid a tube. Think it comes in cream or serum, i use the cream and it is all perfectly safe during pregnancy.
I am also suffering with spots, never had this bad in my life. So far havent found anything that works to get rid of them :(
I have also had really dry hair and so use a rescue conditioner to try and help and have stopped using heat on my hair.

DaisieBee I already have some DiproBase! I got it for Jessy as she was dry and sore on her chin due to teething and dribbling loads. I'll give it a try tonight. Thank you! xxxx :hug:

I have awful dry skin too :( It goes really dry and flaky in some places and I'm getting spots as well! I find that a weekly hydrating face mask helps as well as using those Nivea exfoliating pads for sensitive skin to get rid of the rough patches. I also cleanse, tone, use eye cream and a good moisturiser and my skin looks a lot better and brighter :D

Hi Tasha Yes I did it worked really well and skin seems alot better today. I have no flakey bits and it feels nice and soft but not greasy. I wore it under my make up today as well and its fine. You should give it a try I think its no more then 3 quid from the chemist. Let me know if it helps xxxxx

Iv had really dry skin, and have used 'vaseline, intenseive rescue moistuire locking body lotion' (new for very dry skin).
Even though I thought body lotion isnt supose to be for your face, Iv used it on mine.
Its worked wonders! Used it for a week and my skins hardly flakey at all anymore :D

i use nivea, but am still dry, spotty and generally crappy looking! My hair is frizzy and dull too...nevermind, its nice to know we are all not alone!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back